Software RetroArch offers a quick look at the new features in their upcoming 1.7.8 update

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Aug 21, 2019.

1. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Cry me a river already, I don't take orders from you. Either learn to program and make your own damn GUI or use another emulator. Holy hell.

Last edited by the_randomizer, Aug 23, 2019
  2. Raylight

Raylight Paranoid Temper

May 10, 2014
    United States
    Who wants to know?
    Either learn to accept opinions or get off the net.

LightBeam likes this.
  3. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Yes, Mother.

4. Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Addict

Aug 12, 2011
    United States
    I'm in the camp that hates the UI in RetroArch so I only use it with a front end and it helps a lot. On Android use DIG the full version costs like 4 bucks but it's worth it.

On the main topic I'm not sure about these new features but it's always nice they are working on RetroArch to improve it!!! So lots of credit is deserved there.

5. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Mad Dog of Rambling and Insanity

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Look out, we have a badass over here on the level of the following outburst!

There's at least 4 different UI options at this point. If you still can't find one that you like, with how long RA has existed, I think this quote by Marcus Aurelius sums up your predicament:

"You don't love yourself enough. Or you'd love your nature too, and what it demands of you. People who love what they do wear themselves down doing it, they even forget to wash or eat. Do you have less respect for your own nature than the engraver does for engraving, the dancer for the dance, the miser for money or the social climber for status? When they're really possessed by what they do, they'd rather stop eating and sleeping than give up practicing their arts. Is helping others less valuable to you? Not worth your effort?"

6. Raylight

Raylight Paranoid Temper

May 10, 2014
    United States
    Who wants to know?
    Not really interested in RA tbh ive tried it and found it too complex to manage i prefer standalone Emus. Im simply saying if the guy doesnt like ppl not liking the GUI then fine he doesnt have to shit all over every person that doesnt. Why am i hear in this thread in the first place? Curiosity.

smf likes this.
  7. doomtrigger

doomtrigger GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2011
    United States
    YOU GET FIVE SHELLS

8. StupidGamer1

StupidGamer1 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2010
    United States
    the UI makes me annoyed to the point I have to use other emulators. this damn thing is NOT user friendly. all these damn options. Maybe it was created for hobbyists? I enjoy simple things and RA isn't that.

SpiffyJUNIOR and Raylight like this.
  9. Lunar_Magika

Lunar_Magika Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2019
    United States
    Time to attempt to run this on my 3DS

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

10. ReigningSemtex

ReigningSemtex Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2014
    Good work retroarch team

11. ShinAbo

ShinAbo Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2013
    I'm interested in the Translation feature (Machine translate). Will be interesting to play those games that never got English translation.

CORE likes this.
  12. seam

seam GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    Yea, the machine translation to speech is pretty cool. It wasnt even mentioned in this news post. The news on this site sure does suck. Heres a vid for anyone who wants to see it in action

13. LightBeam

LightBeam GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2018
    France
    I just complained about being forced to launch the console-based IU first and then launch the desktop mode and it seems that some people took this criticism too hard.
    "Gneu if you don't like the interface, all you have to do is learn to develop it and do it yourself" I had that kind of rhetoric when I was in elementary school. Who cares if they made 4 different interfaces, if we find that the 4 are not optimal, we have the right to say it, that's all. It would have been the same if they had made 100.
    And it is mainly because of the problem I complained about that I use standalone emulators on PC. But on consoles (especially on Switch), the new interface works very well. I'd like her to arrive on Lakka too.
    But it's made to work with a controller, I just wish there was a way to have a good PC interface. No need to cry as soon as someone criticizes a product you like, if at the beginning we criticize it's also because in a certain sense we like Retroarch (and in my case, it is a lot).
    And on top of that apparently we're not the only ones who find the interface not very intuitive, but I haven't complained about that, the interface is complicated but there are all the options so I can find my way around. Others would like something simpler, something that could attract more casual users, I think.