Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

Imhullu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone confirm that Final Fantasy VIII eboots don't work with PCSX-R? Mine crashes upon opening. Final Fantasy VII works fine, though.

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
I got the Retroarch PUAE Amiga core to compile and run on Vita!

It is slower but more exact than the standalone UAE4All2. For example, the sound fx in IK+ play. It supports CD32. Download latest Retroarch nightly here
https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/playstation/vita/
or via VitaDB
https://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/186

Thanks to my supporters on Patreon: Andyways, Count Duckula, Jesse Harlin, Duncan Harris, Özgür Karter, Matthew Machnee, Ibrahim Fazel Poor, and RadicalR.

Retroarch-PUAE-Vita-2.jpg

Retroarch-PUAE-Vita.jpg

Retroarc-Vita-Ozone-Menu.jpg

Last edited by rsn8887,

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Disk changing is done by bringing up the menu (Start+Select+L+R) then Quickmenu -> Disk Controls

BTW: You could've played Moonstone on your Vita for years already, just use UAE4All2 Vita: https://github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases/latest
PUAE is just a second option to play Amiga on Vita now, UAE4All2 remains.

Last edited by rsn8887,
Reactions: Lineacero

Lineacero

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Disk changing is done by bringing up the menu (Start+Select+L+R) then Quickmenu -> Disk Controls

BTW: You could've played Moonstone on your Vita for years already, just use UAE4All2 Vita: https://github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases/latest
PUAE is just a second option to play Amiga on Vita now, UAE4All2 remains.

@rsn8887
Lord God, you are a great person, you are a great person, thank you for your hard work, thank you for sharing, thank you for making us happy, thank you and truly thank you with all my heart. I wish you the best in life / world / for you and everyone your loved ones my friend.

Lineacero

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
[USUARIO = 373229] @ rsn8887 [/ USUARIO]
He puesto la biografía de amigo500 1.3 y no me funciona.
Puede decir que la BIOS debe ingresarse con el nombre esacto por favor.

kick34005.A500 bios?? in system?

Last edited by Lineacero,

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
The disk drive sounds are internal included in the core already. You just have to enable them in the menu and change their volume to 50% or so.

Press start + select + L + R to bring up menu, under “options” enable all the “show” options (sound video etc) so you see all the advanced core options. Then resume core, go into menu again, select “options” again, now you see all the advanced core options, then set disk sound to “internal” and set disk sound volume to “50%” or so.

ciskohansen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
There are problems with hdf's, they are not working, retroarch crashes when you run them. Files and bios are valid, I use them on other systems and they work.

Lineacero

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The disk drive sounds are internal included in the core already. You just have to enable them in the menu and change their volume to 50% or so.

Press start + select + L + R to bring up menu, under “options” enable all the “show” options (sound video etc) so you see all the advanced core options. Then resume core, go into menu again, select “options” again, now you see all the advanced core options, then set disk sound to “internal” and set disk sound volume to “50%” or so.

Thanks brooo,good,very well

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
There are problems with hdf's, they are not working, retroarch crashes when you run them. Files and bios are valid, I use them on other systems and they work.

All hdf I tried work fine for me on Retroarch PUAE core on Vita, including the big hdf package with thousands of hdf that is available online, and including my own hdf of my old Amiga hard disc I made with WinUAE. They run a bit slow compared to UAE4All2, because PUAE is not as optimized as UAE4All2 standalone (no assembler optimizations etc.), but they all boot.

Make sure you have ALL required BIOS files not only one or two, see here: https://github.com/libretro/libretro-uae#kickstart-roms (see private message for more info)

Important things to try to get hdf to work for you:

- Use model: A1200 2MB + 8MB (not A500). You are probably already doing that, just double-checking.
- Very important: Change "WHDLoad Support" to "OFF" in core options unless you have non-bootable hdf. Most hdf are bootable by themselves, meaning WHDLOAD Support should be OFF in most cases!
- Notice this special instruction if you have very large (> 1Gb) or non-standard geometry hdf formats:
https://github.com/libretro/libretro-uae#using-configuration-files
- Try non-rdb hdf. Rdb hdf should work but I don't have any, so never tested.
- Try other hdf (see other private message for more info)
- Also important: Make sure Vita OS can access the path where your hdf are. Retroarch is a safe app so cannot access all paths. Use a subfolder inside ux0:/data/retroarch/ to make sure it can be accessed. Put some adf there and load it to make sure you can load rom files from the path without crashing. I use "uma0:/emuroms/Amiga/hdf" because that's how I mounted my SD card, and that works, too.

Last edited by rsn8887,
Reactions: swosho

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@rsn8887 thanks for this new PUAE core for retroarch, I already managed to run games in hdf, only I notice that the emulation is a little slow, one question: Do you think it is possible to optimize this core in the future to achieve full speed?

And another question: Is it possible to add UAE4ALL as a Retroarch core?

Greetings and thanks for your incredible work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey