Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah there is something up with retroarch on Vita at the minute to the point where it's almost unusable. The amount of crashes is insane. Can barely get a game to run sometimes. Coming out of a game back to menu results in frequent crashes.

Reactions: Joel16

swosho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
@kristianity77 Then I guess there's some other broken setting which causes the same crashy behaviour as the filters do, maybe it's even the overlay? I'd try backing up and deleting the current config file, and start fresh to troubleshoot the issue.
Edit: Yup, it's the overlay setting that's broken.
Edit 2: the VBA Next and gpSP cores are consistently wiping out clean my Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2 saves but not the other GBA games, and the game is crashes sporadically too. With at least this many broken things added up, it would be a stretch to say that build is "working perfectly fine" after all.

Last edited by swosho,

NotReallySteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You say it works perfectly, but for what? What are you using it for?
I mean, it crashes for me if I try to even save a state in the latest SNES core.

VinceQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Last edited by VinceQ,

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whats considered the best way to delete cores from the Vita retroarch? Id prefer it if there was only half a dozen cores or so that I use to make it more minimalistic, but if I delete the .self files (which I assume are cores) then retroarch will error until I reinstall the entire app.

rez78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Whats considered the best way to delete cores from the Vita retroarch? Id prefer it if there was only half a dozen cores or so that I use to make it more minimalistic, but if I delete the .self files (which I assume are cores) then retroarch will error until I reinstall the entire app.
I just use vitashell. Open "app" folder,then "retrovita" and delete desidered core.

AkitoUF

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
How are you guys running the gpSP core? Whenever I try to run a game with it I just get kicked back at the menu or at worst, get a crash.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night