Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

Mobutu16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
Open retroarch menu, do not go in to quick menu. (If you are in quick menu then press X and then press right for settings menu)
You should see the options for driver/video/audio/input/core etc. Go down to video and then down to rotation. You can rotate the screen till it is correct.

Rotate option has vanished in 1.7.5 version...

How to correct it?

Last edited by Mobutu16,

FmT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Pretty every nightly since 1.7.5 have this problem. Only rgui is working... and PSTV problem is not fixed.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thankfully I still have 2018-10-02 Build that still works. 2018-10-08 Crashes when you try to run it, and yeah, Current Builds only have the rgui Menu working

zewindsor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everybody,

Do you know if improvements are planned on retroarch cores for Vita ? I think to VBA Next, Picodrive (to play 32x games), BlueMSX for Colecovision,...

Thanx :)

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It looks like the core can be built, but who knows if it will actually work

There's no standard set for hardware acceleration with Vita Libretro, so currently the possibility of this happening is somewhere between shit and fuckall.

Probably with low-accuracy plugins or something, at the best. I'm frankly tired of hearing about N64 everywhere anyways.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no standard set for hardware acceleration with Vita Libretro, so currently the possibility of this happening is somewhere between shit and fuckall.

Probably with low-accuracy plugins or something, at the best. I'm frankly tired of hearing about N64 everywhere anyways.
Well we were only wondering due to both Mupen64 Github Pages having "psp2....". In theory, it could be possible since the Vita has more recent Hardware. The PSP's CPU is from 1991. The Vita has ARM yes, but so do a lot of other Devices like Android. Plus, which hardware would be more to work with - the Vita or the GPD XD?

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Googled "GPD XD Specs" and the first result says that (at least the plus version), has a quad core processor running at 2.1 GHz, while the Vita's is downclocked from 2 GHz to a 500 MHz maximum.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPD_XD

GPD XD Specs:
Rockchip RK3288 / ARM Cortex-A17 / 2GB DDR3-SDRAM / ARM Mali-T764 / 1280x720p

Vita Specs:
Quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore / 512 MB RAM, 128 MB VRAM / Quad-core PowerVR SGX543MP4+ / 960x544 qHD

potato6666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Hello there, need help here with dosbox. I can run commander keen normally in dosbox in retroarch, but not buttons work, cant navigate menu or select start. Any idea? Tried remmaping keys but i dont have remap option in retroarch option

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello there, need help here with dosbox. I can run commander keen normally in dosbox in retroarch, but not buttons work, cant navigate menu or select start. Any idea? Tried remmaping keys but i dont have remap option in retroarch option

DOSbox core key mapping is under quick menu | Controls
Set 'user 1 device type' to 'keyboard + mouse' in that section then scroll down to map vita buttons to keys.

Reactions: potato6666

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins