Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

Zeroba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
latest
I fucking love this post. Ty.

Simando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried the latest nightly? I'm hoping for Saturn and Dos Box to be working but am unable to check today. Loving SNES, Mega Drive and MAME though!

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I know this has been posted in the VPK master list thread already, but figured I'd mention it again.
Melon_Bread has made a batch of custom icons/startup/live area images for Retroarch cores at https://github.com/Melon-Bread/RetroArch_Icons_Vita/tree/master/cores
They look much more decent than the generic ones the cores have by default.
For those of you who aren't sure how/too lazy to download them all, I've attached them (including the FBA ones I modified) as a zip archive below.
Just add them to the respective emulator folders in ur0:/appmeta/ and restart your PS Vita/TV.

Thanks for this. In light of this discovery, I've updated the icon pack again! As before, it's for 2016-08-29 or newer.

https://mega.nz/#!sdRniI4B!F0H_vcThZ4MeJHGyKCgeMuCELIv3ruKetWvsid2isR8

Full credit goes to both MelonBread for making the icons and LiveArea screens, and @hiroakihsu for modifying the FBA icons and also finding the above icons. I take NO credit - I have done nothing other than renaming the folders so people can easily drag-and-drop them. All cores should now have icons except EightyOne and Fuse. I have duplicated the FBAlpha and MAME2000 icons so FBAlpha2012 and MAME2003 also have icons. I have also swapped the FCEUmm and QuickNES icons because the latter icon differed the most from the Nestopia icon and I'm assuming most people don't use QuickNES.

Remember, drop all the RETR000x folders into ur0:/appmeta/ (NOT ux0: ).

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this. In light of this discovery, I've updated the icon pack again! As before, it's for 2016-08-29 or newer.

https://mega.nz/#!sdRniI4B!F0H_vcThZ4MeJHGyKCgeMuCELIv3ruKetWvsid2isR8

Full credit goes to both MelonBread for making the icons and LiveArea screens, and @hiroakihsu for modifying the FBA icons and also finding the above icons. I take NO credit - I have done nothing other than renaming the folders so people can easily drag-and-drop them. All cores should now have icons except EightyOne and Fuse. I have duplicated the FBAlpha and MAME2000 icons so FBAlpha2012 and MAME2003 also have icons. I have also swapped the FCEUmm and QuickNES icons because the latter icon differed the most from the Nestopia icon and I'm assuming most people don't use QuickNES.

Remember, drop all the RETR000x folders into ur0:/appmeta/ (NOT ux0: ).
I am currently quite new to retroarch on vita. how do I install the VPks with the icon? Do i install the VPk first then the Icons?

ThaShark316

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installed the VPKs, then icons. Still getting the generic libretro icon.

Also, no fix for the Midway games on MAME? (Open Ice, NBA Jam, MK, etc) They all run slow!

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Did you drop all the RETR000x folders from sj33's icon pack into ur0:/appmeta/ (NOT ux0: )?
Did you try restarting your vita after that?
Do you have your Retroarch core apps inside a folder? If so, try dragging them out of the folder and then back in (that worked for me).

Last edited by hiroakihsu,

wakabayashy

Trophies
Website
www.anime-heart.fr
XP
Country
France
hi there, succefully installed vpk and icons (thanks)

i've been running trouble with pc engine cde :

-rom pc engine cd don't work :
here's my folder :

/ux0:/roms/PC-Engine CD/Dragon Slayer.bin
/ux0:/roms/PC-Engine CD/Dragon Slayer.cue
/ux0:/data/retroarch/cores/system/syscard3.pce

what's my problem ?

Last edited by wakabayashy,
Reactions: SuperDan

xoleras20099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's ok, i've download a .iso version and it's work, so it seems retroarch doesn't accept the .bin file for pce

thanks for your help ;)
After you unzip the .bin and .cue, if you rename them without editing the .cue file in an editor, you'll break the game. Try playing the game without renaming it.

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
After you unzip the .bin and .cue, if you rename them without editing the .cue file in an editor, you'll break the game. Try playing the game without renaming it.

More specifically, make sure the .CUE file points to the correct Binary/Binaries+Music files.
Otherwise, PCE works without issue.

Anyways, I'm still alive. Will update the thread shortly...

Now, no idea if anyone else has caught this yet, but the last two buildbot entries are broken. For the moment, please use the August 29th Nightly, as listed in the OP, for testing.

Edit: Thread updated. It has taken me too long to update it this time... apologies/thanks to @sj33 as always!

Last edited by SeongGino,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Did you drop all the RETR000x folders from sj33's icon pack into ur0:/appmeta/ (NOT ux0: )?
Did you try restarting your vita after that?
Do you have your Retroarch core apps inside a folder? If so, try dragging them out of the folder and then back in (that worked for me).

I am having the exact same problem. The icon0.png was properly overwritten, and the PSTV restarted. No dice.

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I am having the exact same problem. The icon0.png was properly overwritten, and the PSTV restarted. No dice.

Try again with the proper icons link here.
Once again, remember to install the VPKs first (Recommend removing all the previous RA cores via CMA beforehand), and THEN FTP the icons from the pack to uR0:appmeta/, NOT uX0:appmeta/ (uR0: has no "app/" or "addcont/" folders, in case you need to know).
If you use a client such as WinSCP and get warned about overwriting folders, you're doing it right.
Restart to view changes (Because the Vita has to re-cache the icons).

Last edited by SeongGino,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1