NULL

RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by SeongGino, Aug 5, 2016.

1. deathblade200

deathblade200 GBAtemp Fan

May 10, 2016
    United States
    not sure if you are talking vc or homebrew emulators but vc runs almost perfect with some slowdowns here and there but it is 100% accurate but problems are they dim it to all hell and it can't be stretched to the full screen so I prefer using snes2005 on vita

2. garache

garache Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2013
    The image quality is also top tier in the Vita. Specially on 2D titles that look gorgeous.

Oh, i thought figuring out the final stage would help out in that department. Guess ill wait :P

3. Bitbyte

Bitbyte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 20, 2003
    Belgium
    ._________.
    Talking about the homebrew emulators (Retroarch) on Vita. I know SNES VC on 3DS is great (SNES VC is not dimmed btw) so I was wondering how the Vita compares. In this video for example, it's pretty apparent how choppy the audio is: . One game in particular that doesn't run very smooth on the New 3DS SNES emulators is Star Ocean. Is there anything on Vita that can run that game well?

4. deathblade200

deathblade200 GBAtemp Fan

May 10, 2016
    United States
    I meant homebrew or vc on 3ds but yeah it is dimmed as hell I have link to the past on my new 3ds xl don't trust a video it won't duplicate the screen...as for the video it depends on what emulator you use snes2005 plays all my snes games perfectly including link to the past but if you use snes2010 you sacrifice performance for accuracy

Last edited by deathblade200, Aug 30, 2016
  5. ArugulaZ

ArugulaZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    It's a nightmare on the OLED Vita and the Dual Shock 4 in particular. Tiny, recessed buttons are not a gamer's friend.

6. Bitbyte

Dec 20, 2003
    Belgium
    ._________.
    Hmm yes, it's quite possible that they are using the Snes9x 2010 core in most of those Youtube videos. So has anyone tried Star Ocean?

7. Heimdallr

Heimdallr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2010
    United States
    I've tried playing it on both the N3DS and VITA, on CatSFC and snes9x2005 respectively. It runs a lot better on the VITA.

8. Bitbyte

Dec 20, 2003
    Belgium
    ._________.
    Great, thanks for testing!

9. IpsoFact0

IpsoFact0 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 30, 2015
    Canada
    The Six
    anyone have black screens after setting menu driver to xmb? ive tried to uninstall and reinstall and still black screen? where is the data for retroarch stored?

also anyone noticed longer install and uninstall times then before? any it keeps asking me for permissions

Last edited by IpsoFact0, Aug 30, 2016
  10. mindglitch

mindglitch Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2016
    United States
    after setting the xmb menu, you might have to delete the previous config file. open molecular shell and navigate to ux0>data>retroarch and delete the config.cfg file. then go back to retroarch and it should be using xmb style menu.

i have also noticed the longer install times. i think it started happening when they introduced the xmb menu option. also takes a bit longer to uninstall them.

the permissions is a new feature in henkaku for developers. everything available right now will come up as not safe until the devs update their brew. you can read about the changes regarding that on yifan lu's website and maybe the henkaku website.

11. Xcyper33

Xcyper33 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 2, 2007
    United States
    Will we ever get an N64 emulator?

12. hiroakihsu

hiroakihsu SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD

Aug 10, 2003
    United States
    On the edge of my seat
    Is it just me or does anyone else also feel that the FBA core icons look really cryptic with only the coloring indicating which hardware they are (Blue=CPS1, Yellow=CPS2, Grey=MVS, Green=FBA)?

Well anyways I modified those icons myself and added text to them so it's easier to tell:

Preview:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Just add them to the respective emulator folders in ur0:/appmeta/ and restart your PS Vita/TV.
    @sj33: Feel free to add these to your icon pack if you want.

Attached Files:

Last edited by hiroakihsu, Aug 30, 2016
    smokemonster and elmedir like this.
  13. mindglitch

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2016
    United States
    i like what you did here by adding the names. there is also a variation of these that is colored a shade green. you can find it on melon_bread's github https://github.com/Melon-Bread/RetroArch_Icons_Vita/tree/master/cores

maybe keep the black one for mvs/neo geo. then what i did on my vita is cps1&2 are yellow. mame 2000&2003 are blue, fba&fba2012 are green. probably keep the related ones the same color and add the names to them like you did here.

14. hiroakihsu

hiroakihsu SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD

Aug 10, 2003
    United States
    On the edge of my seat
    mindglitch likes this.
  15. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    Brilliant! That's much more clear! I'll add them to the pack!

EDIT - Here we go https://mega.nz/#!oZxhTKZZ!_GY9xdW16UreW-0bAizuXwm6UmbB95iW_LMf1M_Lkxo

Last edited by sj33, Aug 31, 2016
  16. redeyes7

redeyes7 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2016
    Canada
    I have a question is there a way to change the controls for the alpha neo geo emulator because when I go to quick menu the controls option is missing only for this emulator.

17. IpsoFact0

IpsoFact0 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 30, 2015
    Canada
    The Six
    thanks!! did the trick

18. mindglitch

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2016
    United States
  19. AtwoZ

AtwoZ Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2012
    United States
    I wonder if Retroarch will support touch screen keys in the future, like tapping on the left side of the screen will bring up the menu for example. Having a touch button that bind with any inputs is very useful and I did this with emulator on VHBL, where the 4 corners of the screen can be assigned with any PSP layout button.

wolven9 likes this.
  20. smokemonster

smokemonster Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2015
    These should be made standard.

MKKhanzo likes this.