1. Suikoden77

Suikoden77 Member
    Newcomer

Hi guys, I have set up this weekend my vita with a raspberry and vitadockplus (https://github.com/SilentNightx/VitaDockPlus) and it recommends the MiniVitaTV plugin. However, when this plugin is installed I can't make the retroarch run any game, the app closes before loading the game. Does it happen to you too? Is there any guide to compile retroarch into vpk to test latest releases?

2. FmT

FmT Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    When MiniVitaTV plugin is activated, are you using dualshock ? if you are, are you launching the game from a playlist or from "load content" menu ? There was a similar bug on VitaTV before with retroarch, but you could still launch a game from "load content".

To make your own builds of retroarch you need VitaSDK :
    https://github.com/vitasdk/vdpm

Libretro-super is all you need to make your own compilation of retroarch :
    https://github.com/libretro/libretro-super

Or simply get recent offical nightlies on : http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/playstation/vita/

3. Suikoden77

Suikoden77 Member
    Newcomer

Exactly, I am using a dualshock 4. And yes, I was trying to load the games from the playlists. However, I just tested from the load content menu and the same happens. In any case, I will try getting the latest nightlies in your link, because I downloaded the app through Vita Homebrew Browser / pkgj and it is possible that is an outdated version.

Thanks for your help!

Update:
    I have tried the last nightlies and seems to keep happening. I will try go go to previous versions to check if still happens

Last edited by Suikoden77, Apr 5, 2021
  4. AkitoUF

AkitoUF GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    Objectively talking there's no reason to upgrade to the latest version yet am I right?

5. AllanFF

AllanFF Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I was thinking about that too, after reading the changelog, there's not much changes specifically to Vita users.

There are some global changes though, but since gpsp is crashing, I don't think I'll update for now.

Rahkeesh likes this.
  6. FmT

FmT Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    You should get last nightly as gPSP is fixed and have been worked a lot. mgba is present too. Can test a lot of gba games !

7. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Don't know who cares about Hatari but that's gotten some love, with more games now supporting joystick, so with gPSP nightlies fixed I'll be happy to upgrade.

Edit: and regretting that upgrade, Sonic Advance 2 is crashing on freaking attract mode.

Last edited by Rahkeesh, Apr 6, 2021
    MKKhanzo likes this.
  8. Evilmitaka

Evilmitaka Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Is any of you, noted worst performance than before in the snes cores if you set the a better audio quality even with 2002? in 1.9.1 stable

9. mosslump

mosslump Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I am glad someone did this experiment! :) Wonder if the older versions of the patches will resurface as all the links are long dead.

On the latest nightly 4/13 however, (only one I have tested) gpSP crashes within a minute with just about all gba roms I have tested, ff6 or otherwise.

Last edited by mosslump, Apr 13, 2021
  10. FmT

FmT Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    I've uploaded the IPS patch collection of FF5A and FF6A : FF5A 2.0a and FF6A 1.1 should working fine. The latest version FF5A 3.0a and FF6A 2.1 will have problem with emulators, but are working fine on a real gba / ds / 3ds

https://1fichier.com/?hn8beh6qhqxu5klwbaq5

You need an IPS Patcher program to apply, files come with their original readme.txt

Last edited by FmT, Apr 13, 2021
    mosslump likes this.
  11. kristianity77

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

United Kingdom
    Whats the deal on the nightlies with retroarch.vpk and a retroarch piglet vpk? Whats the difference?

12. AllanFF

AllanFF Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    As far as I know Piglet Retroarch uses a new technology, but it's not fully optmized yet, so betetr leavei it for now.

13. kristianity77

United Kingdom
    I downloaded the normal version and yeah I think I'll leave Retroarch alone on the vita, the constant crashing is enough for me to not bother

14. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Piglet can at least see shaders but doesn't seem to apply any. I think it might just be there to support the experimental flycast for now.

But yeah gPSP is still very crashy, whatever fix either wasn't pushed or it didn't do what was advertised.

15. kristianity77

United Kingdom
    What was the last version of retroarch to run that gpsp was relatively stable as I may roll back to that.

16. FmT

FmT Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    Last edited by FmT, Apr 14, 2021
    cvskid likes this.
  17. AllanFF

AllanFF Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Does it happen on every game ?

Last edited by AllanFF, Apr 14, 2021
  18. kristianity77

United Kingdom
    No, from having a couple of hours messing around it seems its just gpsp. Snes, genesis, gameboy etc all working fine.

Rahkeesh likes this.
  19. AllanFF

AllanFF Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I did not try GBA Emulation on Vita yet, but I'm confortably emulating SNES, and it's working well. I'm on 1.9.0

20. LibretroRetroArc

LibretroRetroArc GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Regarding the gpSP libretro regression for Vita - this is an unfortunate issue that has crept in as part of the many improvements/refactors. However, the lead author will get a Vita soon so that we can hopefully fix this crash bug once and for all.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - RetroArch, Nightlies, Libretro