RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

SeongGino Aug 5, 2016.

1. Lineacero

Lineacero GBAtemp Regular

Jul 14, 2017
    Spain
    Good companions
    Someone could share the complete play list of Mame 2003,2000, FB Alfa v0.2.97.42, FB Alfa 2012 v0.2.97.29.Many thanks fellows.please.

2. AkitoUF

AkitoUF GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    Chile
    I'm too lazy to try for myself so I'll ask here: how did catsfc work with Dragon Quest? Did you try it with other games?

I have both a Vita and a N3DS but I like emulating everything on the former.

3. mastermx

mastermx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2007
    It didn't help. It still had plenty of issues

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

4. AkitoUF

AkitoUF GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    Chile
    Which SNES cores for Retroarch have you used?
    I'm using my Vita as my main retro emulator and so far most SNES games I've tried ran flawlessly or at 56fps at worst which is still super good with Snes9X 2005.

There's also using a New 3DS or N2DS but I guess you don't have one if you didn't mention it as an option.

Honestly SNES emulation alone is one of my main issues switching back and forth between both portables, I can't settle with one.

Zukov likes this.
  5. mastermx

mastermx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2007
    I tried all the cores. All had issues with DQ. But ran other games flawlessly.

I have a 3DS XL. Which runs DQ and most snes games. But I prefer the screen and buttons of the vita. As an emulation machine the vita is far superior to the 3DS, if only they had hardware emulation down. Everything would be running much smoother.

I also hate switching between emulation systems.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

6. Imhullu

Imhullu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2012
    United States
    Not sure if this was answered, but does the disc read issue occur when playing isos that are located on uma0? The issue in question is the one that happens when you put the Vita on standby and try to continue playing the game. It will fail to read the iso/disc, which forces you to restart. Does this still happen?

7. Zukov

Zukov Dinosaur

Oct 2, 2016
    Chile
    To bypass this problem, isos must be on ux0/data.

8. Imhullu

Imhullu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2012
    United States
    Yes, I was aware of that. I suppose that means that the uma0 option is a no-go. Thanks.

9. kane159

kane159 GBAtemp Regular

May 28, 2013
    Taiwan
    Hi is any one have 12-21 nightly version? Or any version that dosbox remap key works?
    I update the latest nightly today and it’s broken :( also tried 1.7.5 doesn’t work either

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

Last edited by kane159, Jan 3, 2019
  10. FmT

FmT Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    Japan
    With latest Retroarch, I'm playing PCengine CD or PSX on SD2Vita from imc0 with no problems. Maybe they fixed it or mount point is important.

For the 21-12 nightly, you can download this one :
    https://1fichier.com/?dmie6y182rqyavz1q9db
    You can rename .zip into .vpk to install from vitashell if you want.

I have this one saved since I'm compiling my own retroarch with supergrafx core and a seperate fba2018 core, with cps3 fix to be playable with frameskip (for 0.2.97.43 romset) since current fba is now using 0.2.97.44 romset.

Last edited by FmT, Jan 4, 2019
    niuus likes this.
  11. bopz44

bopz44 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2016
    France
    you can install rePatch plugin
    https://github.com/dots-tb/rePatch-reDux0/releases
    that fixes suspend issues with homebrews, games and retroarch as well.

12. niuus

niuus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    Was the issue with CD audio fixed for PC Engine CD? (it sounds scratchy, like white noise). I tried Dec-31 build and it was still on. That bug has been present in the core for years, ever since 1.0.0 if i remember correctly.

Is that build you linked the one you're talking about? Playing a SFIII at playable speeds would be kinda cool (and supergrafx too)

Last edited by niuus, Jan 4, 2019
  13. Zukov

Zukov Dinosaur

Oct 2, 2016
    Chile
    Last year I finnished two PC Engine games: Castlevania Rondo of blood and Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire. Never got an error on the audio. You sure got the bios or a good iso?

14. niuus

niuus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    Bios matches the checksum. Keep in mind i am talking about the CD audio tracks, not normal chip music or fx. For example, you can test this behaviour on Ninja Kaze Kiri, or Mega Man.

15. FmT

FmT Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    Japan
    Yes it is, there is Beetle SGX core that can play normal card and CD too, and a "FB Alpha 2018" core with his own separate configuration with cps3 playable (frameskip 2-3 for SF3 jojo...).

For the wakeup problem, I can confirm I have rePatch installed. So that must be it (oddly though)

Last edited by FmT, Jan 4, 2019
  16. MadeInShineA

MadeInShineA Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2019
    Switzerland
    hey I have trouble with retroarch on vita when I load a game I haven't got the consol icon on the right of scan directory

17. Spartk

Spartk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2017
    Argentina
    Hi, I have some sound issues. I installed Retroarch on my Psvita 2 days ago (latest version). I tried playing "Toki" with mame2003 core. Game runs perfectly with default options except for the sound which is altered. Instead of the music I can only hear a sound like a bell playing the rhythm bass. Sound effects are correct, the music is wrong. Do you have same problem with mame core?

18. spartin945

spartin945 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2019
    United States
    I noticed that under "Currently Available cores" in the first page, one of the cores is Neko Project II Kai. I want to give this core a try but I have no idea how to access it as it isn't an option in the Load Core menu. I am running the 1/21 nightly.

19. darkhood21

darkhood21 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2018
    United States
    From what I've read the developer removed it after issues were found, and never fixed it.
    Believe me, I'm as pissed as you are about it.

20. Evozt

Evozt Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2016
    Indonesia
    Anyone have try psx rearmed core for emulate ps1 game? It cant play any ps1 game. I put my eboot.pbp inside ux0:/pspemu/game/title/eboot.pbp

Already try another direction and got no dice.
    BIOS in ux0:/data/system
    Retroarch stable 1.7.5
    Any solution?

Last edited by Evozt, Jan 24, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted