1. potato6666

potato6666 Member
    Newcomer

Slovenia
    omg thanks bro, it all make sense now. If anyone already has keys mapped for commander keen, i would appreciate it. I am not really good at this haha, but getting there. Also dosbox save state is not working, what gives?

Last edited by potato6666, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Count Duckula

Australia
    I haven't set up commander keen, the games I did set it up for I just googled for a game manual/control list and mapped them to buttons in a way that seemed workable.
    Should be arrow keys to move, ctrl, alt and maybe spacebar for in-game then a few other keys to get through the menus.

potato6666 likes this.
  3. potato6666

potato6666 Member
    Newcomer

Slovenia
    yea i did some testing and managed to get things working thanks. Combos are mostly annoying and mapping the sticks

4. mastermx

mastermx Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I'm trying to get the translated snes version of Dragon quest 1+2 to run. But I keep getting audio issues or slowdowns on all snes cores. Is there a reliable way to improve speed, or is there a core out there that would help?

Last edited by mastermx, Nov 1, 2018
  5. potato6666

potato6666 Member
    Newcomer

Slovenia
    there is partly translated update on reddit

6. mastermx

mastermx Advanced Member
    Newcomer

The game has been fully translated.

But Retroarch VITA messes up the Audio. I'm trying to find a good way to run it on my vita without slowdown/audiostutter.

7. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

United States
    As far as slowdown goes until other fixes happen with the ps vita version of retroarch the only thing you can do is overclock your ps vita using LOLIcon which will in turn overclock retroarch. That or use the standalone ps vita emulator CATSFC.

Last edited by cvskid, Nov 1, 2018
  8. mastermx

mastermx Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I've never heard of catsfc, i'll google it and see if i can find more info on it.

Is the ps vita version of retroarch still being worked on?

9. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

United States
    The last update for the ps vita version of retroarch that made a big difference was gpu overclocking which helps overall with performance which was added march 8th 2018. As far as i know there has not really been anything since then that had made a difference for the ps vita retroarch releases.

10. mastermx

mastermx Advanced Member
    Newcomer

It feels like all the devs have pretty much left the vita homewbrew scene in favor for the switch. Quite sad actually. Since I love the portability of this thing.

cvskid likes this.
  11. potato6666

potato6666 Member
    Newcomer

Slovenia
    no i mean there is a patch to translate the game installed from pkgj, for vita, not for emulator

12. mastermx

mastermx Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I tried googling it, and couldn't find anything. I'm referring to Dragon Quest 1 and 2. The snes remakes of the 2 Nes games.

13. potato6666
    This message by potato6666 has been removed from public view by Chary, Nov 3, 2018.
    Nov 2, 2018
  14. potato6666

potato6666 Member
    Newcomer

Slovenia
    i pasted url , but they removed it, ill send you pm

15. kane159

kane159 GBAtemp Regular

Taiwan
    can u also pm me the link? :)

16. potato6666

potato6666 Member
    Newcomer

Slovenia
    its not the same game sadly

17. SeongGino

OP SeongGino The Average One

United States
    Same; but when there's an exponential increase in capability in competing platforms, the attention's going to migrate there.
    And because there isn't as much work as there was on the PSP regarding unique per-console ports when it comes to emulators, it's not surprising that it pretty much ends at Vita Libretro getting the shortest end of the stick.

Need I remind you, this thread alone is about two years old. A lot's happened. But these days, not much, I imagine, could be done with RA on Vita without the same enthusiasm. If anyone's willing to contribute, feel free to; but the Vita's not particularly my favorite emulation portable, and not by a long shot.

No hardware's going to look particularly good going into 2019 when it can only barely run SNES9x-2005, fourteen-year-old code, when its competition can run currently maintained code with all the headroom in the world to spare. Those are my thoughts.

Last edited by SeongGino, Nov 8, 2018
  18. 01y

01y Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    As a user, form factor matters, I think. Having a real D-pad, and actually being portable are two major advantages over the Switch (in addition to advantages in jailbreakability). Otherwise you could just run an emulator on your PC for way better performance. There are big drawbacks with game focused android portables, and the Pandora et. al. are very expensive. I wonder what other options you had in mind.

SNES9x-2005 does have a few flaws (could actually adopt a few game specific improvements without performance impact as well). I think part of the fun is getting things to run on limited power devices. I think a few of the yellow cores in the OP could well turn blue with enough effort, too.

FmT and cvskid like this.
  19. FmT

FmT Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    Switch is more a transportable console than a portable. I won't use my switch while on a bus or a plane. Maybe the nvidia shield console would be an improvement in retrogaming performance, but isn't cost effective, and battery would be a problem too.

On the retroarch development, I'm seeing some move for the classic platforms recently (snes and nes classic). Since vita is using an arm cpu cortex-A9 and classic platforms cortex-A7, we may get some performance improvement, or get more core thanks to them.

20. Lineacero

Lineacero GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Hello, all of you mates. I'm using play list buddy, and I'm seeing that the options have disappeared in Arcade mode, download mame dats and download Fb alpha dats, and I do not know how to enter the dats of mame 2000, mame 2003, fb alpha ,,. Somebody knows of some tutorial of how to do it with mame and fb alpha with play lidt buddy to introduce the dats. Thank you very much for your help.

21. Beaps

Beaps GBAtemp Regular

Any chance of running Amstrad CPC core?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - RetroArch, Nightlies, Libretro