Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

DrVahnFaustus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys sorry I am a noob to this all. Just got a Vita, installed Henkaku on it, unfortunately I'm working with a Mac but figured out all the ftp stuff. I got the RetroArch.7z file and originally dropped that into ux0, then realized that is a compressed file. So I uncompressed with winzip and took the pcsx_rearmed_libretro.vpk and put it in ux0 and then went to it to install it, and it is just stuck at 0% and won't do anything. Am I doing something wrong? Please help!

Edit: This also makes my Vita freeze every time I try to install the vpk

Last edited by DrVahnFaustus,

Zukov

Dinosaur
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hey guys sorry I am a noob to this all. Just got a Vita, installed Henkaku on it, unfortunately I'm working with a Mac but figured out all the ftp stuff. I got the RetroArch.7z file and originally dropped that into ux0, then realized that is a compressed file. So I uncompressed with winzip and took the pcsx_rearmed_libretro.vpk and put it in ux0 and then went to it to install it, and it is just stuck at 0% and won't do anything. Am I doing something wrong? Please help!

In molecule: press start --> enable unsafe homebrew On
reload Taihen

Now you install, now you wait (a lot, but not that much)

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi me and @Chary wanted to play a game together on PicoDrive Sonic 3 but we keep running into the issue of it saying cannot find content try a manual load we were using the same rom and the same exact version of RetroArch with the same cores

If anyone could help me with this that would be great thanks.

Last edited by AyanamiRei0,

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm having the same exact problem have you got it working?

Nickelig

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi

I am new to Henkaku/Retroarch on Vita... I have a question:

Is fast forwarding not working at all? I have assigned a hotkey for fast forward but it does not seem to work... tried all megadrive / snes / pc engine emulators to no avail. Really need fast forwaring for my beloved strategy games.

What can I do? Any other settings I have to check to get ff working?

microwavedtoast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone else noticed that namco games like pac man and donkey kong are displayed upside down? I tried googling, using different cores, and digging through the settings for a screen rotation option to no avail.

Last edited by microwavedtoast,

FX3200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Last edited by FX3200,

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I installed gambatte and VBA next for GB/C and GBA games and I copied some roms to ux0/roms but no matter what I do they don't recognize the roms (they are motocross maniacs, don't know if that has to do anything with it). I even installed the .vpk vita fix permissions but when i search for content no rom shows up. Any fix for this?

EDIT: I'm using v 1.50 of retroarch. And same version and roms work on o3DS

EDIT2: Ok, it was due to v 1.50, previous version works fine.

Last edited by Bullseye,
Reactions: Darkblade57

Darkblade57

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Try making a playlist for your games in order to play them.The games sometimes can't be seen by retroarch because they don't exist in their database.I hope this helps: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/wiki/Manually-Creating-Custom-Playlists

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi

I am new to Henkaku/Retroarch on Vita... I have a question:

Is fast forwarding not working at all? I have assigned a hotkey for fast forward but it does not seem to work... tried all megadrive / snes / pc engine emulators to no avail. Really need fast forwaring for my beloved strategy games.

What can I do? Any other settings I have to check to get ff working?

I tried today with Gpsp but no luck too mate.Only rewind works as far as I am concerned...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Your Vita doesn't freeze,give it some time to install the .vpk,it usually takes 5 min to install.

Zukov

Dinosaur
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hey, I installed gambatte and VBA next for GB/C and GBA games and I copied some roms to ux0/roms but no matter what I do they don't recognize the roms (they are motocross maniacs, don't know if that has to do anything with it). I even installed the .vpk vita fix permissions but when i search for content no rom shows up. Any fix for this?

EDIT: I'm using v 1.50 of retroarch.
Try rebuilding your database.
Then in RetroArch select them by "Load content", then choose the correct core. If they don't appear, do this:
Load Content - Settings - Filter unknown extensions - [OFF]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning