Retroarch is now on Retail Mode (Xbox Series S/X)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably because it's already the next day in Ireland (where Gamr13 is from)
1649142568389.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't surprise me to see those reactions. There's a lot of dumb people in that server, one of the reasons I left that place actually.
are you calling me dumb too? I fell for the April fools joke as well. I didn't respond to his posts though, so none of those reactions are mine.

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
are you calling me dumb too? I fell for the April fools joke as well. I didn't respond to his posts though, so none of those reactions are mine.
Of course not man. I don't have anything against you. "There's a lot" does not equal "everyone". But I do know that a lot of people are like that from experience, especially in the #help channel. The responses are just not surprising considering the patterns I've seen there is all.

Reactions: godreborn

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. Which XBox core would I need for Killzone [any one of them in xbox]
for my laptop? It seems to work well using their PPSSPP core.

I am in the US Pacific Coast [PST] area, If that helps.

I'm beginning to like Retroarch with it's features PPSSPP doesn't have.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course not man. I don't have anything against you. "There's a lot" does not equal "everyone". But I do know that a lot of people are like that from experience, especially in the #help channel. The responses are just not surprising considering the patterns I've seen there is all.
That was my April fools joke to you. :P

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I have a question. Which XBox core would I need for Killzone [any one of them in xbox]
for my laptop? It seems to work well using their PPSSPP core.

I am in the US Pacific Coast [PST] area, If that helps.

I'm beginning to like Retroarch with it's features PPSSPP doesn't have.
Which Killzone are you trying to play? Depending on which one, you use PCSX2 or PPSSPP.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which Killzone are you trying to play? Depending on which one, you use PCSX2 or PPSSPP.

Hello again. PPSSPP in this case. Thank you for replying, as I am contemplating either the first Killzone, or the one after the one made for PSP [Liberation]. I don't like getting too far ahead in the saga, as to not lose the Plots of the game so to speak.

jdsteel7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way to use an 8bitdo Pro 2 controller/other 3rd party on a Series S/X doing this, or are you stuck with the Xbox controller?

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Any way to use an 8bitdo Pro 2 controller/other 3rd party on a Series S/X doing this, or are you stuck with the Xbox controller?
Unless you use one of those adaptor accessories (which make the Xbox believe said controller is a regular Xbox controller), you are stuck with a Xbox controller,a USB keyboard, or both.

jdsteel7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you use one of those adaptor accessories (which make the Xbox believe said controller is a regular Xbox controller), you are stuck with a Xbox controller,a USB keyboard, or both.
Thanks, I'm not familiar with those, and a quick Google search didn't locate anything that looked like what you're describing. Are they inexpensive, and do they work flawlessly? Or do they add a lot of input lag?
Trying to decide if it's worth picking up a Series S to supplement my Wii as retro gaming machine, or if I'm better off just hooking up my computer to the HDMI on my TV and using whatever controller I want.

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thanks, I'm not familiar with those, and a quick Google search didn't locate anything that looked like what you're describing. Are they inexpensive, and do they work flawlessly? Or do they add a lot of input lag?
Trying to decide if it's worth picking up a Series S to supplement my Wii as retro gaming machine, or if I'm better off just hooking up my computer to the HDMI on my TV and using whatever controller I want.
I haven't tried those myself, but heard them mention as a potential way to get a Wii Remote working with the Xbox and saw videos and sites about them to get some information.

Although I can't quite recall the name of those that were mentioned sadly.

jdsteel7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried those myself, but heard them mention as a potential way to get a Wii Remote working with the Xbox and saw videos and sites about them to get some information.

Although I can't quite recall the name of those that were mentioned sadly.
Okay, no problem at all. Seems like at best it's a complicated workaround, and at worst it's limited to only a handful of controllers. After getting so used to the Dpad on 8bitdo's controllers (and similar ones) it's hard to use anything else for retro games haha.

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@GABO1423 , do you know if there's a way to rename an app on the home screen of the series x? I thought there was a way, but I think I'm mistaken.
You are indeed. The name of the app is something that you can't change whatsoever in Retail. In the case of RetroArch, you actually set a name while making a build of it before installing it. After it's installed, you have no control over the name.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1