Retroarch is now on Retail Mode (Xbox Series S/X)

gdavies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
seem to be multiple emulators on at least the ps4, with each being optimized for that specific game, so compatibility varies with each. I think the best are rogue galaxy and jak x iirc, but I don't really mess with ps1 or ps2 games on the ps4. I did buy several on the ps5 though, including wild arms, which I got to the final optional boss today, but I haven't fought him yet.
I only got twisted metal on the ps5 and then remembered just how blocky the graphics were in comparison but it ran really well, shame the emulators have not been ported out and made use for all games rather than just been customized for each game by sony

Reactions: godreborn

boxer29

Trophies
XP
Country
can some one let me know where to get the retroarch retail mode for xbox series x, i have tried for 2 weeks on discords xbox emulation channel without any luck

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can some one let me know where to get the retroarch retail mode for xbox series x, i have tried for 2 weeks on discords xbox emulation channel without any luck
the links get taken down in less than a day. right now, patron links are active, so you have to donate to have access to them or wait.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how to access those
I think you have to donate to gamr. it may be any amount, because I've seen some donate as little as a dollar. you should, because afaik, each dev license he makes, because the others get banned I believe, costs him money, so he should charge for it.

ManuMaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Who can help me? I downloaded and set up Dolphin UWP on Xbox WITHOUT DEV MODE, it works smoothly and so do the games, the problem is that I don't know how to set the controller controls.

Also in every game it is set as on controller 2, even though I don't have any second controller (but I think this problem could maybe be related to the one before?).

I've seen some guidance on how to set the controls, i.e. copy the "Config" of the emulator from the PC to the "Dolphin Emulator" folder on the Xbox stick, only I don't have that folder in the stick (probably because I downloaded the emulator without Dev) and even trying to create it myself doesn't change anything.

Dragozard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you copy it to a hdd and install it to another xbox?

the links get taken down in less than a day. right now, patron links are active, so you have to donate to have access to them or wait.
Does the amount you donate have any difference in what you get access to?

Last edited by Dragozard,

Dragozard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question is, did you comprehend what @godreborn said when he said it was discontinued?

That means it’s no longer being worked on. Anywhere. Including Patreon.

You might find old builds somewhere online.
Ya. Got it. I didn't know if there was anything additional in Patreon than what was shown in the discord. For all I know, there could be all kinds of discontinued or delisted emus and fan games there. I am unfamiliar with Patreon as a whole.

My reply was simply for what I perceived as him incorrectly correcting me on the spelling of Patreon.

And that still doesn't answer my question of if I'm missing out or not by emulating PS1 in Retroarch vs DuckStation.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geez, I was not correcting your spelling. I was simply saying that you have to donate to get the links. it doesn't matter now as the patreon links are down as well.

Dragozard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geez, I was not correcting your spelling. I was simply saying that you have to donate to get the links. it doesn't matter now as the patreon links are down as well.
Like I said, I have no idea how patreon works. So glad we could make way more of this than it was meant to be. Thank you so much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1