Retroarch is now on Retail Mode (Xbox Series S/X)

nimbylive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone ahd any luck with the links? I used them from the website several months ago. I need to reinstall and the discord says they are down for now. I cannot tell if this temporary or a longer issue.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone ahd any luck with the links? I used them from the website several months ago. I need to reinstall and the discord says they are down for now. I cannot tell if this temporary or a longer issue.
from what I've heard, the stuff is only uploaded again on Sundays, because it gets taken down in less than a day. I don't know if the appstore still works as the links given on discord seem to be unique to each app.

SnakeEater

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am so excited, I will buy a xbox series x mainly for the emulation aspect.

So from what I understand I need to check the discord on Sunday to get retroarch etc in retail mode?

I read somewhere that you have can use only 30 gb of your xbox ssd ?
I have a external hdd , is the difference big if you play ssd?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am so excited, I will buy a xbox series x mainly for the emulation aspect.

So from what I understand I need to check the discord on Sunday to get retroarch etc in retail mode?

I read somewhere that you have can use only 30 gb of your xbox ssd ?
I have a external hdd , is the difference big if you play ssd?
You have unlimited space with usb. You have 30gb internally with dev mode and retail. And, yes, afaik you have to check gamr's discord channel to get the retail links. The links don't even last a day, so get them asap.

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm afraid to install it, I bought a Xbox series s 1 week ago and I want to install it.
I'm afraid if Microsoft bans me.
you won't be banned. I'm sure if microsoft was going to ban users for this, they'd send out a mass email telling people to uninstall it or suffer the consequences, kinda like how sony gave people who were on cfw a grace period. they said you'd better install ofw or risk being banned back when cfw came out.

Reactions: Xenogeist

Xenogeist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you won't be banned. I'm sure if microsoft was going to ban users for this, they'd send out a mass email telling people to uninstall it or suffer the consequences, kinda like how sony gave people who were on cfw a grace period. they said you'd better install ofw or risk being banned back when cfw came out.
Thank you for the reply :)

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the reply :)
I had the same reservations, but I think this is the only thing keeping hackers at bay, and that's obviously something microsoft doesn't want. I asked some of the high profile members in the series x scene, if you wanna call it that, and they said there's no need to worry.

Reactions: Xenogeist

Xenogeist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I had the same reservations, but I think this is the only thing keeping hackers at bay, and that's obviously something microsoft doesn't want. I asked some of the high profile members in the series x scene, if you wanna call it that, and they said there's no need to worry.
I got an series s 1 week ago, and i was really afraid.
Now that you said there's no reason to worry about i'm gonna install it :D

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this has got to be a huge win, pretty sure via retro arch you can play upto ps3 games, be kinda fun play around with this
there's a standalone emulator for 360 games at least, so it may be possible. the 360 emulator is still somewhat new though, but it's constantly getting better. I think it's from the same dev or dev team as dolphin on the series x as it has the same layout when you open it for the first time. dolphin got updated quickly too, so you can have your games lined up with boxart and other features we're used to seeing. both should be better than retroarch.

gdavies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
there's a standalone emulator for 360 games at least, so it may be possible. the 360 emulator is still somewhat new though, but it's constantly getting better. I think it's from the same dev or dev team as dolphin on the series x as it has the same layout when you open it for the first time. dolphin got updated quickly too, so you can have your games lined up with boxart and other features we're used to seeing. both should be better than retroarch.
I would say they would be alot better than retroarch, I have only ever used retro arch on the raspberry pi's and it has had its moments, I do know that on ps5 they instroduced ps1 games and they include an emulator so maybe xbox had the same idea.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say they would be alot better than retroarch, I have only ever used retro arch on the raspberry pi's and it has had its moments, I do know that on ps5 they instroduced ps1 games and they include an emulator so maybe xbox had the same idea.
seem to be multiple emulators on at least the ps4, with each being optimized for that specific game, so compatibility varies with each. I think the best are rogue galaxy and jak x iirc, but I don't really mess with ps1 or ps2 games on the ps4. I did buy several on the ps5 though, including wild arms, which I got to the final optional boss today, but I haven't fought him yet.

Reactions: gdavies

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over