Homebrew RetroArch is garbage and turns off when I'm 10 minutes into a game.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I agree that sometimes the setup us confusing and it is a pain in the ass. But after tinkering (a lot) with that archives, it worked well, not perfect, but well.

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
It keeps happening to me on any version that I use.
When I'm playing a game, it just shuts down out of nowhere.
It pisses me off that this is the only emulation for the Wii U.
You mean it actually pisses you off? As in, you get angry about it? You may want to check into anger management. You do know that vWii has a ton of emulation options right?

WiisleyU

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Retroarch never gave any trouble to me, but I have a solution for you, I've made a pack with all GX emulators with GamePad support (NES, SNES, GBA, Mega Drive, SEGA CD,...), you can give it a look. If you know how to place Wii apps on SDCard and install things with WUPInstaller you will have no problem with it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xwrdokr1eiy208i/Emuladores GX MegaPack.rar?dl=1

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's not garbage, you're just being ungrateful. Nobody has to do any work specifically tailored for you and it's nobody's fault you're having issues. The very fact Retroarch exists is the reason many systems are able to be emulated right now. Start looking outside of your bubble instead of complaining about stuff other people do out of their own free will.

Try formatting your SD card, redownloading another version, reading a different tutorial, trying out a different version (.rpx instead of whatever), using a different SD card, using a different core, or just play an emulator in your PC. Also try to be a little more grateful for other people's work instead of just whining about it or else you'll probably gonna suffer a lot later in life.

intelminer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normal people would usually ask if this is a known bug, or if not, would report it to the RetroArch developers

Entitled children will piss and moan that someone else didn't make something literally perfect to suit their needs

Which one is in this thread I wonder

Reactions: WiisleyU

Immortallix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having the same issue. Goes for about 10 or so minutes then shuts the wii u down. CBHC. It also freezes up if I try to use any controller other than the gamepad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: