RetroArch GPSP Cheats crash the whole device

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by wurstpistole, Jan 18, 2016.

1. wurstpistole
    OP

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hey there,

is it normal that Retroarch GPSP crashes the whole N3DS when trying to use cheat files? I load the CHT, then I see some cryptic letters (not the least looking like the cheat file) and when exiting the Quickmenu, the N3DS freezes and then force reboots.

Also Superstar Saga freezes quite a lot. Is that normal?

2. The_Nanobots

The_Nanobots Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2016
    United States
    On my O3DS it tends to freeze or crash every fifteen minutes or so. It might actually be normal. What firmware or you running, version of GPSP, and are you using 3ds/cia/3dsx version.

3. SirBeethoven

SirBeethoven 3.145.... something. E=mc2

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
    Use mGba (not the retroarch one) for that! It works 98% for Superstar Saga! For cheats though? I can't help with that :/

4. supermariorick

supermariorick GBAtemp Fan

Jun 18, 2010
    United States
    you're probably better off using some program to put a cheats trainer in the gba game itself and injecting it into a GBA VC .cia and using the 3ds's AGB_FIRM mode loader to play GBA games natively. i tried cheats myself on retroarch gpsp and got the same thing. either a format for cheat files eludes us or it isn't quite developed or implemented yet. i'd imagine dynarec on retroarch gpsp could help the speed catch up to the AGB_firm GBA loader and that it could be possible to have cheats for GBA games. maybe it takes cheat files made for gPSP like on the GBA emulator for the PSP it was ported from. i guess ask the retroarch devs or retroarch support?

5. wurstpistole
    OP

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Well, turns out every gpsp derived emulator does not like superstar saga. There's no way to make it work. Mgba retroarch runs it abysmally, it's slow and buggy. I decided to inject it into VC and play it that way, kinda miss the standby function there but I think I can live with it. :D

RahFah likes this.
  6. Slasher115

Slasher115 Shizuo Heiwajima

Jan 24, 2014
    Ikebukuro
    Im having problems with .cht files aswell