GCN Retroarch for GameCube (on Dolphin)

Mikemk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that there's a RetroArch port for the GameCube. I want to check this out, but don't have a GameCube, so I was going to test it in Dolphin (I know, emulators in an emulator is rather silly).
When I downloaded, I got a bunch of .dol files and a few retroarch folders. How do you use these? Do I load the .dol file in dolphin directly, and if so, where would I put the folders?

Reactions: yuyuyup

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that there's a RetroArch port for the GameCube. I want to check this out, but don't have a GameCube, so I was going to test it in Dolphin (I know, emulators in an emulator is rather silly).
When I downloaded, I got a bunch of .dol files and a few retroarch folders. How do you use these? Do I load the .dol file in dolphin directly, and if so, where would I put the folders?
Just use retroarch for pc

Gamerjin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try to run the dol first, and then if error, see if a path exists....

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's liable to run like total shit. you're not missing anything, it's just a build for gamecube, which ironically only supports like 1/3 of the overall cores that the windows/mac/linux builds support and kinda spotty to boot, this from a guy who has it on his gamecube using a wiikey memory card adaptor. It barely runs GBA smoothly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)