Pouret

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone!
Hope you're good in this difficult times.

I created this because I just started to use retroarch with my Xbox Serie X, though I did meet some emulator problems.

I tried to use Dolphin emulators, but while the performance seemed great, I had some graphics issued which would be great if there is a way to manage them. I use the basic core of Dolphin provided in retroarch ( don't know if there are better one? ), and on Skies of Arcadia, often the game screen colours turn red actually. Same in Paper Mario there are missing characters, I had same problem on pc dolphin in the past for this game. In Baten Kaitos, the game run so slow suddenly in some menu or during success battle screen after a fight when you need to pick up cards.

Also, on Flycast I tried to run Skies of Arcadia from different area, but the emulator don't want to launch game it seems. Is there some work around or better core to get so that it works well?

Thank you for your help guys and take care.

Pouret

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for your reply! Would be great to have informations!

Actuallt I tried dolphin with D3D11, 12 and results seemed same. With GL I had black screen with only sound of the game.

For Drramcast I tried with D3D and GL but no results.

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your reply! Would be great to have informations!

Actuallt I tried dolphin with D3D11, 12 and results seemed same. With GL I had black screen with only sound of the game.

For Drramcast I tried with D3D and GL but no results.
gl is for dreamcast and n64 d3d11 is for everything else

Pouret

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah Dominateur, that's what I read on another topic here!
But do you have any idea why I didn't succeed to launch yet a Dreamcast game or why in dolphin for example Skies of Arcadi turns red suddenly or that I can't see some characters are not visible in paper Mario? Any help would be so much apreciated!

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah Dominateur, that's what I read on another topic here!
But do you have any idea why I didn't succeed to launch yet a Dreamcast game or why in dolphin for example Skies of Arcadi turns red suddenly or that I can't see some characters are not visible in paper Mario? Any help would be so much apreciated!
try making your dreamcast games a cdi or chd in order to play them

and i dont have any idea why those games would have those bugs

FrodoLive

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello everyone!
Hope you're good in this difficult times.

I created this because I just started to use retroarch with my Xbox Serie X, though I did meet some emulator problems.

I tried to use Dolphin emulators, but while the performance seemed great, I had some graphics issued which would be great if there is a way to manage them. I use the basic core of Dolphin provided in retroarch ( don't know if there are better one? ), and on Skies of Arcadia, often the game screen colours turn red actually. Same in Paper Mario there are missing characters, I had same problem on pc dolphin in the past for this game. In Baten Kaitos, the game run so slow suddenly in some menu or during success battle screen after a fight when you need to pick up cards.

Also, on Flycast I tried to run Skies of Arcadia from different area, but the emulator don't want to launch game it seems. Is there some work around or better core to get so that it works well?

Thank you for your help guys and take care.

Hi Pouret,

I’m new at this portal, I saw your question and what to ask you how you got DC and GC-Games to work.
I use an XBOX One with retroarch 1.8.3

i have some DC games on my USB-Dongle but no core to load them, if I go on Online-Update > load core, retroarch crashes, the other one GC Games won’t start, just a black screen.

maybe you can help me. Sorry for this post but I can’t find a messenger tool.

best regards Freddy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM