Homebrew Emulation Retroarch build by crazymac on latest atmosphere crash

1alien1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hej guys, i finally switched over from sxos to atmosphere and i am liking it so far. only problem right now is the fact, that the crazymac lite build of retroarch for switch does not seem to work. it crashes upon start (also with R override). i suspect that it is the problem of the old retroarch version within the prebuild pack (1.8.3). does anybody know how to get it to work without breaking the prebuild pack and all its glory?

Reactions: djavs

1alien1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Djakku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know what is so specific about the crazymac configuration but retroarch came a long way since it's initial build on switch.

I would backup the original whole crazymac build on my hdd / or just rename it on the switch, copy the latest retroarch build on the sd card and test it. For me it has always worked out of the box. If any issues, i use the online updater.

Another alternative could be to run LAKKA instead of horizon.

1alien1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't know what is so specific about the crazymac configuration but retroarch came a long way since it's initial build on switch.

I would backup the original whole crazymac build on my hdd / or just rename it on the switch, copy the latest retroarch build on the sd card and test it. For me it has always worked out of the box. If any issues, i use the online updater.

Another alternative could be to run LAKKA instead of horizon.
you can google it, it really is an awesome build like none others. specific bezels for every single game and so fort...using a newer version will break it unforunately :(. it was the same with the wiiu and vita version, no update possible without a whole lot of work...

Djakku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could TRY to replace just the NRO files and the core files and see if it works?

All of that after you backup everything of course.

1alien1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You could TRY to replace just the NRO files and the core files and see if it works?

All of that after you backup everything of course.
didnt work either. if i replace all the latest retroarch files, i get a clean fresh experience. if i replace only the nro file, i keep at least the overlay but still all system categories and such are missing...

lufeig

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
didnt work either. if i replace all the latest retroarch files, i get a clean fresh experience. if i replace only the nro file, i keep at least the overlay but still all system categories and such are missing...
i have ported the psvita lite version to the switch using the latest stable version available nowadays - 1.10.0

i actually did it for my personal use, but let me know if you're interested

Nitespell

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have ported the psvita lite version to the switch using the latest stable version available nowadays - 1.10.0

I’m interested too please when you have time can you dm me!!

febiazi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

i actually did it for my personal use, but let me know if you're intereste
I’m interested too, i think i reply to you in reddit

dalle3

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Just a quick question did you ported it to look and work same as on ps vita?
I have vita here and switch but cannot get to look exactly same
Thx

olomic85

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Hey there. Beg your pardon for my "lack of preliminaries" yet I see you guys here are debating over a very beefy matter. I am actually an old user for the Vita and the WiiU of the Crazymac's amazing job and am actually struggling making it work for my Switch on Atmosphere. I simply do not reckon where to put my hands on. Would you mind helping me out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea