Homebrew Retroarch 3ds 1.3.0 wont load games. (no core)

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just updated my retroarch from 1.2.2 to 1.3.0 today and now it says no core at the bottom and wont recognize any games. did something major happen between these builds? maybe directory change?

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to work on your search-Fu. The mean relevant thread came up just by searching retroarch. a dozen posts in the same thread show up.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by xdarkmario,

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the fucking issue there's like 50 duplicate threads all of them not by the same who is the real slim shady?

i assume this is the real thread seeing how i have been relinked many times

https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-emulation-thread-nightly-builds-included.400913/

exactly my point, you have no idea how to search. Like I said a dozen posts in the SAME THREAD. They are mostly the same thread. In all seriousness, you need to learn how the search works and how to read the results and not get pissy

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

See if you do a basic search #4-10 on the first page are all the main official retroarch thread. You may be confusing each result with different threads. If not I don't know why this doesn't jump out at you. That's why I said learn to use the search, not to be snarky but because it's freaking obvious.

1. Retroarch 3ds 1.3.0 wont load games. (no core)
    exactly my point, you have no idea how to search. Like I said a dozen posts in the SAME THREAD. They are mostly the same thread. In all...
    Post by: gallymimu, 3 minutes ago in forum: 3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators

2. Post
    Wiiflow 2 questions: Odyssey2 and Game Cube
    ...not the end of the world). You have to wait for an official o2em retroarch maybe. I've just compiled the core, you can't start most games since...
    Post by: Wiimpathy, 57 minutes ago in forum: Wii - Emulation and Homebrew

3. Thread
    Retroarch 1.2.2 + Classic Controller Pro Analog Sticks
    ...is: I can`t use any of analog stick (as directional buttons) in Retroarch 1.2.2. Same problem with any core. "Analog to digital" is set to...
    Thread by: Farmatique, Today at 3:38 AM, 0 replies, in forum: Wii - Emulation and Homebrew

4. Post
    Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)
    ...works now. If that crash happens consistently for you, I'd just wait for StapleButter to release another update or for a stable RetroArch release.
    Post by: TecXero, Today at 2:11 AM in forum: 3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators

5. Post
    ...the jackpot. They just did the down+B+L+R combination to exit the RetroArch which causes the save data to be corrupted. Thank you very much...
    Post by: tivu100, Today at 1:38 AM in forum: 3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators

6. Post
    since 9 dec all nigthlies have this problem....so go back to this version Greetings
    Post by: hellionz, Today at 1:20 AM in forum: 3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators

7. Post
    The last working build is December 9. Has no technical insight what changes from December 10 build onward which causes the "no cores" problem.
    Post by: tivu100, Today at 1:19 AM in forum: 3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators

8. Post
    i just updated my retroarch from 1.2.2 to 1.3.0 today and now it says no core at the bottom and wont recognize any games. did something major...
    Post by: xdarkmario, Today at 12:48 AM in forum: 3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators

9. Post
    Make sure that they exit retroarch using the quit option. The saves only write on exit so if you quit using home button they don't save.
    Post by: nightbreed813, Yesterday at 11:40 PM in forum: 3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

that did it, fixed
Can you please post what fixed it so other people who come across your thread can get value out of it?

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol my search did not look like that..but then again it could be because of a little error on my end, anyway the issue was on devs hand, any retroarch build later then 12-09-2015 does not work for reason so you have to revert back to the 12-09-2015 build

Reactions: _D1360_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple