Retro style - A King's Tale Final Fantasy XV available free today

Square Enix Ltd. today announced that A KING’S TALE: FINAL FANTASY XV, previously only available as a pre-order promotion will be free to all from today.

Available to download via Xbox Games Store and the PlayStation Store, A KING’S TALE: FINAL FANTASY XV takes place a fictitious 30 years before FINAL FANTASY XV, featuring retro-style graphics and a fast-paced combat system. The action centres around King Regis and his faithful companions (Weskham, Cid and Clarus) defending the royal capital from raiding monsters.

A KING’S TALE: FINAL FANTASY XV Key Features:
  • Deep Combat System – Combos, counters, and Regis' signature "Warp Strike" combine for lightning fast real-time combat that rewards fast reflexes and smart tactics.
  • Companions - Three distinct companions offer unique and new ways to attack as well as tailored super moves that deal massive damage.
  • Magic - Ignite the battlefield, freeze your enemies, or electrify your foes with Fire, Ice, and Lightning magic.
  • Summons - Call upon epic Astral entities to decimate your foes in jaw-dropping ways.
A KING’S TALE: FINAL FANTASY XV is available to download for free now on the Xbox Games Store and PlayStation Store.
For more information visit: http://www.finalfantasyxv.com/en/kingstale/

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does it look like a cellphone game or least mobile game grade quality? Not directly stating about graphics here, i mean how it looks and plays. Kinda look like that Kingdom hearts game on cellphone but i'll try it since is free. (I didn't even know about this.) I was hoping that more anime video was available or the movie is on youtube. :P

This Game is no where to be found. Can anyone else find it? (USA REGION)

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically, every bonus content that was a pre-order or collector's edition incentive is now available for free or very cheap (50 cents each). Whoever bought the UCE got scammed so bad for a crappy looking figma lmao.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically, every bonus content that was a pre-order or collector's edition incentive is now available for free or very cheap (50 cents each). Whoever bought the UCE got scammed so bad for a crappy looking figma lmao.
Well perhaps, but a bonus item included isn't a scam, is as you said, incentive. The idea was to secure orders for a product, while perhaps is bad to consumers is good marketing for publishers. Let's not forget that square has been doing bundle demo for games for years since ps1 with games like brave fencer musashi + FF8 Demo, ps2 with Dragon quest 8 with FF 12 demo.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Game is better than FFXV lol I really like it:

PS_Messages_20170301_193700.jpg PS_Messages_20170301_195254.jpg

Doesn't last long though, about 2hrs if that for story mode.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
This is so dumb. Looks like more of a gateway to mobile gaming (expect a future port) and fast money making scheme.

At least go back to retro style by and make it turn by turn basis!

I miss squaresoft.. Square Enix sucks :(

Reactions: BORTZ

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you honestly think it is? (non-sarcastic, asking cause I've yet to play)
That could be a meme already.
Sure it is not better than FFXV.
FFXV is not that bad. The wandering around is good, in the beginning, and probably gets old fast.
FFXV disappoints storywise IMHO, because of lacking main and side character development, and because it's storytelling takes a dive into the void after chapter 9.
Gameplay itself is ok, not outstanding.

mario5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry. I played it at launch. You're missing nothing. :)

He's not kidding, I was bored 5 minutes after playing it, that was even after someone raved about how much fun that they had.

Still better combat than FFXV. Looks better and requires doing something other than O.

I disagree, more apt thing for me to say is, are we playing the same thing. I put 100 hours into 15 and enjoyed it very much (as it was more than holding O, unless you didn't learn how to play it right)

Missing nothing...I would like to play something related to ff xv at least -.-

It should be up for consoles now, but honestly I've watched/played pretty much everything related to 15 so far, and this is my least favorite of the bunch.

Game is better than FFXV lol I really like it:

Doesn't last long though, about 2hrs if that for story mode.

Sigh....different strokes for different folks, it's free so I'm not complaining about that, but it is a very shallow and boring exp. Not even close to 15.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended