Retro Studios is hiring staff for Metroid Prime 4

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Apr 27, 2019.

1. TheMrIron2

TheMrIron2 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 5, 2017
    Ireland
    Prime has major issues when revisiting it in 2019 because it just becomes a collection marathon as opposed to a genuinely engaging and unique experience. I think fresh blood could definitely help the team, because I don't think I would enjoy Prime 4 if it revolved around the ad nauseam collect-a-thon gameplay of the previous games.

2. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    It'll come out the same day as Bannerlord.

3. Torina

Torina GBAtemp Regular

Aug 26, 2018
    France
    I wouldn't mind slow paced "collect-a-thon", since I pIay to relax and don't care about speedruns.
    Speed is not the core of metroids, only a side quest for hardcore gamers. It reminds me of the overscripted SC2 campaign, where you barely had any freedom in your strategy and always had to rush your way to the objectives. Such a waste for a RTS.

Anyway, I don't care for this metroid anymore, I fondly hate the "Tomorrow, we shave for free" communication.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  4. diggeloid

diggeloid Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2019
    United States
    gbatemp.net
    I'm really excited to see what Retro came up with that convinced Nintendo to completely scrap a project that was already part way through development for a major IP, AND already publicly announced. Either the game that was scrapped was terrible, or the new one is going to be amazing.

Anyone know just how many people they're hiring? The site says 13 roles, but they could be hiring multiple people for each role. If it's a lot, then it might mean that they're just now starting full production and it'll be a long time before we see the release, especially considering how damn long Nintendo games take to make.