Bagel Le Stinky

the bagel bad smell
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want a Nintendo Switch.

Also, I would like to know what it is like to play on a Super Famicom (especially with the BS extension Satellaview thingy). There are many wonderful fan translations for that system.

Yes, the Nintendo Switch is my favourite retro console.

Caleck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the most part I've stuck to Nintendo consoles, so for a change I'm looking at getting either a PS1 or a Genesis.

Hard to find one for a good price where I live, though.

zxr750j

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Among other things my gamegear and megadrive were taken (burglary) years ago. I won't buy a megadrive but if I encounter a gamegear I might be tempted...
I did buy the game and watch smb last year, the size and screen quality persuaded me. I will pick up the Zelda one if I can get it at a nice price. I also got a PS3, thinking of selling it again: I never touched it after installing ferrox.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I would love to get a Phat PS2 for the hard drive bay. A Slim PS2 would be nice too but USB loading is still pretty mediocre for games.
I believe that PS2 with HDD mod is the ultimate solution for both PS1 and PS2. Someday I might try to assemble this, so if you do get one, tell us how it worked out.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I believe that PS2 with HDD mod is the ultimate solution for both PS1 and PS2. Someday I might try to assemble this, so if you do get one, tell us how it worked out.
I believe so too but finding one under 150$ has been a challenge on my end. It’s also a matter of finding one in working condition. I can find them online but I really prefer buying these things in person so I can test them. I’ve been burned one too many times when buying stuff online and I am not about to drop nearly 200$ without confirmation of a working system

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I believe so too but finding one under 150$ has been a challenge on my end. It’s also a matter of finding one in working condition. I can find them online but I really prefer buying these things in person so I can test them. I’ve been burned one too many times when buying stuff online and I am not about to drop nearly 200$ without confirmation of a working system
I got your reasons, and there are other costs coming after buying the unity itself, like the HDD itself and the optional HDMI conversion, that, regardless of the method chosen, it is never cheap.

On the flip side, everything you do to your build will cost less than a single copy of Rule of Rose, so it worth in the end.

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not too sure, personally all of my older consoles have pretty much been unused/hand me down by the previous owners.

The only console in which I bought was 360 for 7th games and even then it was a good deal I found on Kijji.

While I do like the feeling of OG hardware to an extent I've always been more of an emulator person in my life so I'll just stick with that.

For now I'll just want to replace my White 360 model with the special Star-Wars 360 console If I can get it for cheap.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elaborate, the HDD mod, is it an actual physical mod chip thing or is it an HDD with some software on it?

My wife has her original PS2 from when she was younger, and if I do not have to heavily modify it I am sure she will appreciate that lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: