Retro console you want to buy next?

Bagel Le Stinky

the bagel bad smell
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tell us what retro console is set in your mind to be the next in your collection.
For me, I wanna get a SNES next. I had one when I was really young and I want that experience again.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree op, an snes is what I want as well, but they're expensive last time I checked. I have a retron 3 HD right now, and it's a pita to remove cartridges. that's my only real gripe with the console. you can easily break off the teeth inside if you man handle it or aren't careful enough.

Reactions: Bagel Le Stinky

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I have four SNES for whatever reason, and 3 clones that play snes games (retroad, analogue super nt and retro freak). So yes, I do recommend a lot this console.

My next one tho, maybe it will be a 3DO. Always wanted one, and looks like it has a ODE working very well right now, It may be silly, but it is a requirement for me (I hate CD/DVD/BluThing technology)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have all the ones I want but I kind of want to get a Super Nt and FXPak Pro. And a HDMI mod and flashcart for my N64. The SNES and N64 were my childhood but they just don't look that good on a modern TV on account of composite out and the N64's built in blur filter. I don't have room to keep everything hooked up so I usually just play on emulators - but the Super Nt is pretty compact so I could make room for it. Hope an Nt N64 FPGA comes out as that will be an instant buy for me.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
i did buy my next retro stuff

View attachment 279578
I used to love those sega mega drive labels back on the day. I had a master system, and the labels were just a white name with a red background, but then those awesome printed labels came. That was like cocaine for my kid eyes (not literal cocaine, I don't know if you got my point, but whatever)

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm pretty well set on systems I would actually use/play with, and systems that hold any nostalgia factor for me. So I guess maybe GameGear or a Sega Nomad, just for the novelty of them? At the very least they aren't stupidly expensive like NeoGeo pocket or Virtual Boy.
Its weird to see that the virtual boy has now become stupidly expensive now. I remember getting mine for about $40 back in 2008 with the wall plug and Mario Tennis.

That said its been next to impossible finding any of the other games locally, with the exception of Teleroboxer, which was a game I wanted from the start for the system so I cannot complain too much.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I lost my GameGears I grew up with as a kid. I didn't have a GameBoy lol, I had two GameGears. Rocking those 12AA batteries I needed constantly changed haha.

I'd love to get my hands on another one...but they're just so darn expensive.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I guess I already have all of the "retro" consoles haha.

I am occasionally looking for LE consoles and whilst not a "game console" I am on the hunt for a Macintosh SE 30 and Classic.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have always wanted a vectrex, learn to retro you Nintendo slaves!

Funny you say that, I was at a thrift store the other day and asking about an NES they had, and the guy asked me if I was in the market for the more expensive stuff. And not having much money at the time I said no, but he asked if I'd ever heard of a Vectrex. And I know game consoles, but that was a bit too old for me to be familiar with( it not doing the greatest sales-wise probably didn't help). Didn't ask how much, but it was an interesting thing that I could possibly grab one of these days if it's not too expensive( and works ).

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I lost my GameGears I grew up with as a kid. I didn't have a GameBoy lol, I had two GameGears. Rocking those 12AA batteries I needed constantly changed haha.

I'd love to get my hands on another one...but they're just so darn expensive.
I'm seeing a couple in decent working condition for $50 - $75 on eBay, but most are north of $100. Still not too bad comparatively.

Zajumino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want a Nintendo Switch.

Also, I would like to know what it is like to play on a Super Famicom (especially with the BS extension Satellaview thingy). There are many wonderful fan translations for that system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: