Retro City Rampage Developer Reaches Out to GBAtemp

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Another World, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Another World
    OP

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    RCR.jpg

A recent post here on GBAtemp by McHaggis summarized into a news article points that the developer behind Retro City Rampage had made public. To catch up you quickly, Brian Provinciano needs to quickly move a remaining number of Wii RCR units before he can receive a single cent of revenue from Nintendo. The deadline to sell the last few units is fast approaching. He has reached out to the public (Twitter, Facebook, etc) and asked for fans of the game to consider making a purchase. Specifically he has mentioned those who perhaps acquired a copy through less-than legal means. What he said and what he meant where somehow lost along the way.

Since the news article was posted, gamers have been debating how pirates were to blame. Incorrectly assuming that he [Provinciano] was directly calling out pirating as the source of his problems. Well, post about it, discuss it, and Google will propagate it. Thanks to a random search, Provinciano has contacted me directly with some words that he hopes will set the story straight.

In regards to the later-than-expected porting of the Wii version, he has these words to add:

This thread is being made to provide the developer with a means to post his thoughts to our community. It will remain closed, please direct all comments to the original news thread linked below.

:discuss: On-going Discussion
    :arrow: Retro City Rampage Homepage

VatoLoco, Minox, xwatchmanx and 10 others like this.
  2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Oh wow, this is actually cool - I would've never expected you to reach out to us like this. If you're reading this, cheers man! I'm glad that you've addressed my (and everybody else's) concerns regarding your original intent - matters are far clearer now. We all hope that the game reaches the sales threshold - it's unfair that such a thing even exists, you definitely deserve your hard-earned cash. We hope that a bit of front page coverage will raise awareness to your situation and we'll keep our fingers crossed! :yaywii:

3. Another World
    OP

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    Thanks for using your powers to post in a closed thread! I feel defeated. =P

-Another World

xwatchmanx, SignZ and Foxi4 like this.
  4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Me? Abusing my powers? Why I'd never. :P

xwatchmanx and gamefan5 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.