Retriving saves from my real GBA carts

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by funem, Jul 9, 2007.

1. funem
    OP

funem Retro Powered..

Nov 4, 2006
    United Kingdom
    out of nowhere....
    I have been transferring all my games from my real GBA carts to my Supercard Mini SD. and have encountered a problem with a few of them

There are six games that I cannot extract the saves from so that I can use them with the rom images on my SC.

Zelda Minish Cap (EUR)
    Mario vs Donkey Kong (US)
    Sabre Wulf (EUR)
    Banjo Grunties Revenge (UKV)
    Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga (EUR)
    Rayman Hoodlums Revenge (EUR)

I have tried all these games with the Action Replay GBX, this will not find any saves, I have also tried FlashManager with my F2A Linker Cable, this just gives me 8k and 1k files that contain no real data. I have Also tried cart_save but this just resets the GBA when I reinsert the SC card to write the save file.

These are the only games I am having trouble with ( Apart From Lego Starwars II & Advance Wars 2, which dont work with the Supercard mini SD anyway )

Has anyone got any ideas on how to retrieve the saves and convert them for use with my SuperCard.

Cheers

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Those games all use EEPROM saves (except Mario vs), a pain to extract using "normal" methods.

Savesender (bottom of the page) is a GBA code DLDI based app that should work with the SC miniSD (although I seem to recall supercards had a problem with being removed and reinserted):
    http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/SendSave/index.html

3. funem
    OP

funem Retro Powered..

Nov 4, 2006
    United Kingdom
    out of nowhere....
    Thanks for the reply.

I was looking for a way of doing it without the bespoke cable, I have used FlashManager with me F2A USB cable and that didnt work, I think it looks like basically the same thing.... No other ways ???

[​IMG]

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Down the bottom of the page is another app that you DLDI patch and then swap carts back and forth.

5. funem
    OP

funem Retro Powered..

Nov 4, 2006
    United Kingdom
    out of nowhere....

I tried that, got to swap the Supercard to the game, it then resets the GBA when you reinsert the SC to write the save. [​IMG]

I have a DS as well so Im looking to see if there are any more options. To e honest it is not looking to good :-(

Thanks for replying though