Retrieve Mii Data and characters

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by retrogamermatt, Aug 25, 2010.

Aug 25, 2010
  1. retrogamermatt
    OP

Member retrogamermatt GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Hi, atm I'm fiddling around with some Wii programming and i want to know if anyone knows how to access Mii data like Wii Sports or Mario Kart so it displays your Mii's name and avatar. Thanks in advance.

2. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Libmii

this is enough to get most/all the data about the miis. but your program must supply your own images to be used to draw them. this can lead to issues since there are a good bit of images needed to make all the different miis, and reproducing them will be a pain. there was a test dol from libmii and it did a good job recreating miis, but it was far from perfect.

i believe there is an officially distributed file that contains all the required images. this is to make sure every game that draws miis depicts them the same. im thinking that this is named "RVL_Facelib.dat" or something like that. this file seems to be included, in some way, in every game that displays Miis. but last i heard, nobody had made a way to turn this .dat into the separate images used to build a mii.

i think the most accurate way to display miis would be to have your program read this file from the mii channel or wii sports or something similar and then parse it to get your images. then you can draw the mii exactly the way it was when the person created it.

3. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
  4. retrogamermatt
    OP

Australia
    Thanks for your reply's it has helped me alot. Just one more question do you know how to access the Wii's console name and where the Wii's Settings are stored, such as Sensor bar position, TV Type etc.?

5. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

Look at the CONF_Get* functions in libogc's conf.h.

6. retrogamermatt
    OP

Australia
    Ok, Thank you.