Homebrew Retrieve gamesaves from NAND

vegemikee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, my Wii bunged out a while ago. Channels rebooting, BSOD when loading homebrew, etc. Luckily I found an old BootMii dump and restored to that. Because of it, I lost all of my gamesaves (FC's on RB2/GH, etc) and I'm completely shattered. Before I restored, I made a NAND dump... so am I able to extract raw saves from the screwed up NAND and install it onto my new NAND via Savegame Manager (GX)? If that's not possible, are you able to analyse a NAND dump and see what the hell happened to it? I'd rather find out if there are things that I can fix in the old NAND instead of starting from scratch. All help is appreciated.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can (or should be able to) salvage your saves.

You need to extract the NAND dump first of all. You can do that with ShowMiiWads or a few other tools.

I advise reading this thread at the WiiBrew forums: http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?21,56218,56218

Basically, what you need to do is this:

In your extracted NAND dump, find the folder "title".
Inside that, find the folder "00010000".
Inside this, there should be a number of other folders, each with a name 8 characters long. These are the saves.
Copy all these folders to a folder called "savegames" on the root of your SD card, and then add "00010000" to the start of each folder name (e.g., if the original folder in the NAND was /title/00010000/XXXXXXXX, the new folder would be sd:/savegames/00010000XXXXXXXX).
Use Savegame Manager, Savegame Manager MOD or Savegame Manager GX to install the saves.

EDIT: If you need any more help, I'll be happy to try and assist you. Also, you should be able to recover your Miis too if you lost them and really want them back (although they are trickier to recover)

vegemikee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome. I just tried installing the old NAND and extracting via Savegame Manager, and that process is just way too tedious, so I got the important saves back. Looks like I'm able to extract my entire savegame list, so cheers for that. Referring to my bugged NAND issue, is it possible to analyse what might've gone wrong? No channels were able to be loaded, not even the HBC or disc channel so I was forced to install the latest 1.0.8 via bannerbomb and that fixed that problem... Would you know of any issues that could relate to this? I'm assuming bugged SM IOS, but I don't want to rush to conclusions without solid evidence.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try doing a SysCheck, might reveal some useful info e.g. missing IOS or something. However, I have heard of this issue occuring to other people, and they never managed to work out what caused it. You're lucky you had a NAND dump, and the presence of mind to make another dump before restoring it.

vegemikee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DOP-Mii Report
Region Europe (E)

IOS Version FakeSign ES_Identify NAND Flash
250 (v65535) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
249 (v19) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
236 (v1) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
224 (v65535) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
223 (v65535) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
222 (v65535) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
202 (v65535) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
70 (v6687) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
61 (v4890) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
60 (v6174) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
56 (v5405) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
55 (v5406) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
53 (v5406) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
38 (v3867) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
37 (v3869) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
36 (v3351) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
35 (v3349) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
34 (v3348) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
33 (v3091) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
31 (v3349) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
28 (v1550) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
22 (v1037) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
21 (v782) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
17 (v775) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
16 (v257) Enabled Enabled Enabled Enabled
15 (v257) Enabled Enabled Enabled Enabled
14 (v520) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
13 (v273) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
12 (v269) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
9 (v778) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
4 (v3) Enabled Enabled Enabled Enabled

Here's my SysCheck report.. Sorry for the delay
tongue.gif

EDIT: After reinstalling all the IOS' (except for 61) everything seems to be going smoothly. Thanks for help anyway SifJar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn