galaxykidgamma

OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
United States
i'm getting like stupid-lag with just about every GBA game i've played recently, i mean i could understand Iridion II maybe, maybe but like every other game i stick in it MMZ and mario advance 3 and all kinds of crap is messing up. BulletGBA is working fine, which is weird because that put over 500 independent movement bullets on the screen at the same time

what's going on? anyone else having this?

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm experiencing the exact same thing. The slowdowns occur when lots of things are going on in a game, for instance some enemies and moving things in Yoshi's Island. It's weird though, because you'd expect the G6's memory is fast enough.

Another problem I'm having with GBA games is that trained games don't seem to work. I just burn the pre-trained ROM and when I run it the trainer screen looks corrupted, and when I start the game after that it crashes. In other cases the ROM won't even load :/

Rather annoying, because I chose the G6 because of GBA support!

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
rofl2.gif

Taken from the IGN review:

QUOTE said:
The GBA version does have a bit of unfortunate slowdown during particularly processor-intense areas, mostly when players discover a pocket of stars in places where there are several items and enemies wandering on-screen. And one particular effect that looked great on the Super NES version is a little crudely pulled off on the GBA edition: touching Fuzzy Wuzzy will get Yoshi drunk and dizzy for a short time, and on the Super NES, the screen appropriately twists and warbles during this temporary setback. On the GBA, this effect has been abridged to something that's more awkward to watch...whether the GBA just couldn't handle the original game's effect, or whether it was a design decision to cut back on the dizziness, it's just a little disappointing to see this in action. Even if you've never seen the effect running on the Super NES, you'll definitely notice the poor implementation of the GBA version.

Better do some research before posting
wink.gif

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the DS has 2x ARM processors. With an EZ cart and the rom there should be more power? Just my logic.

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
But I meant that does it use the DS hardware to run the GBA or does it have the GBA hw embedded. If it uses better hardware to handle the GBA side there should be no lag.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
It uses the GBA hardware embedded. GBA games perform exactly the same on the DS as on the GBA. Flash carts don't help the processor at all, so if an original cartridge has slowdown then so will the flash cart version.

As far as I'm aware, the G6 doesn't introduce slowdown into any games which didn't have it already.

galaxykidgamma

OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
United States
thanks about the yoshi's island thing from ign spacejump, but, don't tell me to do research befor i post, if you don't want to help then don't

the original post only asked if other people were having the problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu