Hacking Retails Gamecube games crashing? (Dios Mios 2.10)

AlanOC91

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys. I've installed Dios Mios 2.10 recently to run backups from my external hard drive.
It was working excellently for me.

My Wii backups were running flawlessly from my external hard drive.

Recently, I have had a craving to play my retail Gamecube games again. Unfortunately they now barely work on my Wii.

I have run them through the Wii official disc channel and through Neogamma beta 9 to the same effect.
Sometimes they won't even boot and the Wii just turns itself off. Sometimes I get a black screen with nothing and the rest of the times the Gamecube game boots.

On Super Smash Bros Melee the game freezes constantly when a match is about to start. It also sometimes freezes when transitioning between menus.

Megaman Network Transmission freezes if I leave it down for a minute or two. The same also happens to Super Smash Bros Melee.

All in all it seems like the 'GC Portion' of my Wii has completely broke. Is this normal?

I have installed Dios Mios v2.10 found here: http://code.google.com/p/diosmios/wiki/Downloads?tm=2

I have installed it and reinstalled it on IOS249.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Leo Alves

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
From what I know, DIOS MIOS is incompatible with retail discs. You must install the original mios v10 again to be able to recognize your original games through the disc channel.
You can download it through the NUS downloader
Or you can use DEVOLUTION to play backups of your original game discs

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had dios mios for a long time now since version 2.2 and i have never had a problem playing my gamecube games from the disc channel. try plugging your drive in and then launch your game (through disc channel) i know it sounds stupid but some people need there hdd plugged in for it to work.

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
From what I know, DIOS MIOS is incompatible with retail discs. You must install the original mios v10 again to be able to recognize your original games through the disc channel.
You can download it through the NUS downloader
Or you can use DEVOLUTION to play backups of your original game discs

It says on the front page of the googlecode page that it runs retail discs. I'm not sure what his problem could be though.

AlanOC91

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the suggestions guys.
I actually have my HDD plugged into my Wii all the time.

I'm starting to have second doubts about what is going on. i
I'm able to play Lost Kingdoms flawlessly as I have played it for about an hour straight yesterday. I'm going to have to try and test some other games.
I'll try set up my Gamecube and make sure that the discs are actually in fully working condition.

The most annoying problem is definitely the way I have to attempt to boot the game two or three times before it launches. Not sure why that happens.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order fore to run Gc disc throughout the disc channel I need a hard rive inserted, other then that I run the games viva usbloader you should try it if you can't run it though disc channel

AlanOC91

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
In order fore to run Gc disc throughout the disc channel I need a hard rive inserted, other then that I run the games viva usbloader you should try it if you can't run it though disc channel

I will try usb loader as I don't think I have tried that yet!

Could it be your laser is wearing out?

Eeeep! I hope not.
My Wii really really hasn't been used much. I completed Twilight Princess and played ~40 hours of Brawl and ~20 hours of Melee on it. And a small few hour playthroughs of one or two games.
It really hasn't had much use.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try usb loader as I don't think I have tried that yet!

Eeeep! I hope not.
My Wii really really hasn't been used much. I completed Twilight Princess and played ~40 hours of Brawl and ~20 hours of Melee on it. And a small few hour playthroughs of one or two games.
It really hasn't had much use.
I don't think it's your laser cause my laser is good but I have the same problem but my wii games through disc run flawless, also on usoader all you need to do is just boot the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.