RETAILERS ORDERED TO STOP SELLING DIABLO 3 IN MANILA!

supervenice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Popular PC role-playing game (RPG) Diablo III, which was released worldwide last Tuesday was ordered to be pulled off shelves and prohibited retailers from selling them after the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) was granted a temporary restraining order (TRO) by the Supreme Court (SC) after the church group found the game to be “too “evil” and “anti-Christian".

THE TRO-
"This Honorable Court hereby grants the petitioner, Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines a temporary restraining order against the selling of the PC game Diablo III, hereby known as the respondent, to the Filipino people, effective immediately until an indefinite time or upon the court’s lifting of the said order.

Retailers shall be prohibited from selling, renting the respondent whether physically or through online transactions. Violators who are caught or proven to defy the TRO shall be meted with a punishment (smiting or excommunication) to be determined by the petitioner and their God.

Citizens who has already bought and played the respondent are ordered to cease and desist such unholy activity immediately to be able to be saved by the petitioner and their God."

CBCP “Gaming Priest” Jobert Jeyes advised players from the Philippines to refrain from playing the game he deemed as the work of the devil. “The title alone says it all,” said Fr. Jeyes. “And with playable characters such as the witch doctor and the wizard, the game is certainly not God friendly.”

He also suggested players to bring their copies of the game to the nearest church in their vicinity for it to be burned by a CBCP representative. Players who bring their game for burning also has the option to repent and confess their sin for playing such game, “before it’s too late,” added the gaming priest.

facepalmx100!!

I guess he didn't actually played the game,and just based everything on the theme and the look of the game.

THE MAIN GOAL here is to vanquished DIABLO himself!!!! And you could also play as a monk or as a demon hunter!

How can that be evil and anti-christian? :|

ERROR 37 IS EVIL! B-)

Source

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is funny beyond belief seriously, keep your GOD stuff to your self and out of peoples lives especially when it comes down to Gaming! where not bothering you so don't go bothering us and telling us what we can and can't play sheesh whats this world coming to?

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
OMG WTF :|
esp this part
He also suggested players to bring their copies of the game to the nearest church in their vicinity for it to be burned by a CBCP representative. Players who bring their game for burning also has the option to repent and confess their sin for playing such game, “before it’s too late,” added the gaming priest.

byronjj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hum... I suddendly feel the need to go to the filipines and play this game in public just to troll with the people from that group. :ha:

Reactions: 1 person

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This is just part of the maturation/secularisation of a country, not that big of a deal. It is still funny though, but these are things that could have happened all over the world too, xxx years ago.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is just part of the maturation/secularisation of a country, not that big of a deal. It is still funny though, but these are things that could have happened all over the world too, xxx years ago.
Yes, I just didn't realise that the Philippines were still a god fearing country.
Whoever assessed this game probably only glanced at the title Diablo, which is Spanish for Devil, and two of the character vocations.
That being said any sort of magic or witchcraft has always been expressly forbidden by Christianity.

Anyhow I hope they reconsider this injunction, though I don't know what percentage of Philippine population is religious, this sort of lawmaking is not exactly progressive.

Edit: Probably all bullshit since this was a satirical article you plagiarized like it were real.

Reactions: 1 person

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Way to go, supervenice, you copied and pasted a whole article without stating a source.
On top of that it was a satirical, false article.

Way to blow it.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
MNqVy.jpg

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I suppose this satire chose the Philippines as the location because of the Christian extremist witchunters who call the shots on morality laws over there. We are talking about the only country aside from the Vatican where divorce is illegal, after all.

Fierce debate over Philippine contraception bill
http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-15822637

Philippines debates divorce law change
http://www.bbc.co.uk...acific-13611795

Church vs state in Philippine sex education row
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-10552591

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.