Retail Pokemon X/Y with Gateway Emunand

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Icepotter, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Icepotter
    OP

Icepotter Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2009
    Brazil
    Hello there, i've bought my Pokemon Y retail copy on the beginning of the year, and since then i am unable to play it.

I am eager to start playing it, but is already been proved that you can brick your console using 2.0b2 and an original card when you run the diagnostics, and it haven't been proved 100% safe to use without triggering the diagnostics.

I never even did use my red cartridge, only emunand with retail games in classic mode. Is it possible to brick in that conditions? what do i do? should i risk it and try to play it on 2.0b2, or should I restore to 2.0b1. In that case, what problems would i have to face? I was hoping the 2.0 final version to be released soon, but it seems it will take a month or two or maybe more, considering the delay... -_-

In case I risk it and play it on 2.0b2 or downgrade it to 2.0b1, will be the save game compatible with 2.0f?

I just want to play the damn game i've bought :l

2. misterb98

misterb98 Moral Gateway User. Wat.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    Well, 2.0b1 should be able to play retail games just fine. I have run plenty of retail games, though eShop ones, on 2.0b1 with no issues. However, because the old save encryption is used, it is possible that if they update the encryption to be correct you won't be able to use it with GW 2.0. However, this is unknown. The save file will also not be usable on any other 3ds that is not running emuNAND 2.0b1-2.0b2.

Other than that, you should have no issues.

3. Icepotter
    OP

Icepotter Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2009
    Brazil
    What bugs i'll be facing if i downgrade to 2.0b1?

4. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Some games randomly display in Japanese and there is a risk of save files disappearing. I THINK this is only for roms though, but I could be wrong. There might be more but those are the issues I'm aware of.