Hacking Retail NSMB + cIOSrev15 = Error 002

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just like having the up to date stuff, but the only way I can get NSMB to work is a full out Nintendo update. This obviously kills rev15, but HBC still works fine. I have most IOS's bugged, and I'd like to have rev15 installed, but as soon as I install it, the retail game gives me blue error 002. Any ideas how to fix this as still be able to use a virgin retail disc?

Thanks

DownSince86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use rev14 instead, there are still multiple issues with rev15.

You can have both revisions on your Wii at the same time if you want. Just install rev14 as IOS 249 and rev15 as IOS 250.

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Why not just load the retail disc through the disc channel?

Ciosrev15 also has bugs, I recommend staying with Hermes cIOS 222/223 with cIOSrev14
Install IOS53 via DOP IOS MODv9 and choose to install with ios249

Install priiloader and enable disc skip updates. But if you have bootmii as boot2 I recommend getting Startpatch and enabling skip disc updates.

C

CasperH

DownSince86 said:
Use rev14 instead, there are still multiple issues with rev15.

You can have both revisions on your Wii at the same time if you want. Just install rev14 as IOS 249 and rev15 as IOS 250.
How, I haven't seen that as a option=

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do load it through the disc channel, but when rev15, and I think rev14 is installed, I get a blue error 002.
I'm at a loss.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How do you use the cIOS in the disc channel? Using IOS249 + disc channel + 002 game = 002 error. Well cIOSrev13b does a 002 patch, but it's bad, won't work for some games, and the cIOS is maybe not disc channel compatbile at all.
Also cIOSrev15 is not disc channel compatible, as it will cause 001 error.(maybe after 002 error check)

Use a better loader or cioscorp + patched disc.

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just use the disc channel normally, no IOS reloading or anything. All I know is that after I install rev15, I get the error, and when I had rev14 installed, I got the error, and the only way I can fix it is to install the Nintendo update from the Wii menu.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
drmarvin said:
I just use the disc channel normally, no IOS reloading or anything. All I know is that after I install rev15, I get the error, and when I had rev14 installed, I got the error, and the only way I can fix it is to install the Nintendo update from the Wii menu.
apart from rev 14 or 15 what ELSE do you have installed?

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a functional HBC, and I don't know if my USB stuff still works. Most (if not all IOS) have trucha bug installed. I can't think of anything else interesting (no CIOSCorp, no modchips)

I just want to be up to date with things, but be able to play all the games that I buy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it