Retail Cartridge Pokémon / CIA Emunand / RAM2sav

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by CLOUD9RED, Mar 8, 2016.

1. CLOUD9RED
    OP

CLOUD9RED GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2016
    Swaziland
    I was searching through some topics but didn't found the answers I've needed on some questions that are boiling in my head.

1. Is it possible to play a Pokémon Retail Cartridge on emuNAND (at the moment 9.2.0, but I'd like to play online, so I will upgrade to the latest FW, if that's needed)? Or is it better I just get the .CIA of that game and play on the emuNAND (Would I be able to get mystery gifts?)?

2. Does RAM2SAV work on the cartridge version, .CIA or both?

Thank you.

2. Aternel

Aternel GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2015
    1 : It works, but I suggest you update your emunand to the lastest version (if your nands are unlinked ! you wouldn't want to update your sysnand too :) ) and get the .cia, and then transfer your save, so you get all the advantages of online-bought games installed on your SD even if you have the cartridge.

CLOUD9RED likes this.
  3. VaiCorunthians

VaiCorunthians GBAtemp Fan

Oct 7, 2014
    Brazil
    CLOUD9RED likes this.
  4. CLOUD9RED
    OP

Feb 2, 2016
    Swaziland
    Thank you :) , by 'transfer your save' what do you mean exactly? You mean I can play on the .CIA version and transfer my save file at some point to the cartridge?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Thank you for all links.

5. Aternel

Aternel GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2015
    You can copy your save from the cartridge version to the cia version and vice versa, which is really cool when you have a lot of games and don't want to carry them all

CLOUD9RED likes this.
  6. CLOUD9RED
    OP

Feb 2, 2016
    Swaziland
    Not sure someone asked this before me but if I would install a japanese CIA on EMUnand (rxtools) would I be able to obtain some of the japanese events through mystery gifts then too?