Gaming Retail Before Release

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have access to retail games before release because of my job. is it safe to play them?

ive played SEVERAL before release but always pull my internet out before i load up.

is it safe to play them anyway ie online??

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
What would be the point of attempting to play online if the game's not out?
tongue.gif

We can't tell you because it depends on the game itself whether it does any sort of checks, and usually the game has to be thoroughly checked out to determine if it will or not, and that rarely happens before release because of the amount of time/interest needed by those who have a copy.

Normally I'd just say "whatever, play", but modern games have been doing some freaky shit when it comes to AP stuff... so to be on the safe side, don't risk it.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if you pull out your cord, the data is still on your drive, in the TOS of Xbox 360 consoles and Xbox Live, they can view your data on your drive...

Silly Tempers, Tricks are for kids.

Wynd

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
Sano, im in the same position as you i get retail copies before release and i play them, and Microsoft haven't killed me yet. maybe they just haven't noticed. anyway as i haven't been punished i feel like its safe.

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kool thanks vincent. i figured it was but wanted to check. plus i was kinda lookin for an excuse to get banned for a reason to mod as well... lol

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you shouldn't get banned, Microsoft has clearly stated this before many times

playing LEGIT games on LIVE before release WONT get you banned

i find it quite confusing that you don't know this since you are in the business.

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i work at a movie rental store. and never really researched it. never thought to. most the stuff i take home are 1 player games cause most of the games i buy are the onlines. so never really had a reason to.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
sanoblue said:
thou i wonder if anyone else has the same situation as i. un modded console and has games before release
You mean like reviewers? I don't see any problem and if MS do ban then you can take it up with them personally.

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
sanoblue said:
thou i wonder if anyone else has the same situation as i. un modded console and has games before release
You mean like reviewers? I don't see any problem and if MS do ban then you can take it up with them personally.
no like normal consumer but works at say movie rental and gets games about a week early like i do

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for a small bump, I forgot about replying to this post.

Re: MS knowing whether it is legit or not for pre release games I will offer up a hypothesis that MS could detect the old iextreme firmwares many months* before they dropped the hammer for real (I assume we are all familiar at some level with big business, big government and MS in general) while we all still thought they were generally undetectable aside from bad rips.

*detection is one thing, minimising false positives is quite another before we head down that path, similarly marketing may have played a role (see "it was just to sell more Christmas units" stuff that is floating around).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: