ROM Hack Result of attempting to replace Launguage Files in Tomodachi Collection: New Life

SolidSnail55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just to see what would happen, I put the Tomodachi Life Language Files in Tomodachi Collection New Life, and the game started but got stuck on the creating save data screen, I don't know much about 3ds rom hacking, but I tried lol

SaagiBols

The AnalSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
yes but tomodachi life isn't for the DS...

oh yea i just got it mixed up with the original game for DS, and thought that you swapped the DS files with 3ds files :}

...anyways i tried this 2, but in my tries the game was loading&working fine but none of the changes applied to game, language was still in Japanese, i thought that this happened coz i didnt know/understand how to rebuild the rom properly and decided to quit coz of frustration of having to repeat and test over&over again...
...those TEXT files have an (ENG) in there names for the English game language files and (JPN) for Japanese language. when you swapped the files did you rename the English ones to have (JPN) instead of (ENG)????

SolidSnail55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh yea i just got it mixed up with the original game for DS, and thought that you swapped the DS files with 3ds files :}

...anyways i tried this 2, but in my tries the game was loading&working fine but none of the changes applied to game, language was still in Japanese, i thought that this happened coz i didnt know/understand how to rebuild the rom properly and decided to quit coz of frustration of having to repeat and test over&over again...
...those TEXT files have an (ENG) in there names for the English game language files and (JPN) for Japanese language. when you swapped the files did you rename the English ones to have (JPN) instead of (ENG)????
yes I renamed them like that

SolidSnail55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God-damn :{ they are identical in size/name and number so they should work.
did you try just deleting JPN files and leaving the ENG files without renaming them???
I just realized maybe I could take the file from Tomodachi Collection: New Life that determines what the minimum firmware has to be to play, and replace the same file in Tomodachi Life with it? (no more 7.x freezing)

SaagiBols

The AnalSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I just realized maybe I could take the file from Tomodachi Collection: New Life that determines what the minimum firmware has to be to play, and replace the same file in Tomodachi Life with it? (no more 7.x freezing)
heem 0.o do you even know which one does it?
even if you do replace it, this file will probably do more than just determine FM, it probably has other important process that dont work like in the JPN's version....

SolidSnail55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heem 0.o do you even know which one does it?
even if you do replace it this file will probably do more than just determine FM, it probably has other important process that dont work like in the JPN's version....
I will try to find the file. Also, do you know how to translate 3ds roms? I tried opening various ENGLISH labeled files in a hex editor, just gives me garbled crap

SaagiBols

The AnalSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I will try to find the file. Also, do you know how to translate 3ds roms? I tried opening various ENGLISH labeled files in a hex editor, just gives me garbled crap
im not even sure i know how to properly rebuild 3ds roms ^_^
different 3ds games seem to have different types of files, and so there are many Mario 3ds games Rom tools but those tools seem to only work on the mario games...

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Just an anecdote, when you try to copy and paste the English files to the JP version (with the voice acting) of Mega Man ZX, it would crash.
Not because the programming for the English text isn't in the JP version (it is, and has been verified actually to work).
It's because there are references to files (audio and graphics) that got changed / removed between both versions.

If you did indeed try to swap around text files between both Japanese / US (or even US / UK, since the dub was redone), and this is a game much more reliant on audio (and the voice synthetizer is guaranteed to have been rewritten, and stuff was changed around and hence the game could try to load stuff that's not there anymore) - I'm not surprised in the least it's unstable and crash-prone with the wrong files.
I suggest doing gradual small hex edit modifications instead of swapping entire files (considering each file could be a container for a lot of files). Of course, swapping files can work (how simpler undubs generally are done) but not always the solution. Try and write down what works and what doesn't, and do baby steps each time and you'll get what you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1