Hacking Restoring Trucha bug on all game IOSs

urherenow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wiikey 2, and I upgraded my Wii the other day with all of the latest and greatest, then ran through the softmodding guide with that auto downloader thing. After that, I couldn't play most of my backups through the disc channel! I'm pretty sure the reason is that most of my stuff is scrubbed, so even with the mod chip taking care of the backup part, I need the trucha bug in whatever IOS the game wants to use, am I right?

With that being said, I decided to do the full upgrade (minus the actual system menu 4.3) to get rid of Darkcorp because most of the devs hate it and are making their software work without all of the hacks. My problem is that I had to reinstall Darkcorp 1.1 so my scrubbed games would work again.

My question is... is there an easy way to enable ONLY the trucha bug in all of the IOSs that games use, without all of the extra dip nonsense that gets added with Darkcorp?

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
There isn't a need to enable the Trucha Bug in every IOS. The Trucha Bug is restored to an IOS so that homebrew apps can exploit it to load content normally not allowed by Nintendo. There isn't a point in restoring the Trucha Bug to everything when everything works when only one IOS is exploited. In fact, with the IOS236 installer, there isn't even a need to go through the process of re-enabling the Trucha Bug on an official IOS; it just installs a patched IOS36 in slot 236.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need to patch ios80 if you want to load fakesigned discs from the disc channel. You can use MMM to do this and it is highly recommended that you do. If ios80 is not patched you would not be able to load recovery discs from the recovery menu should you ever need to. Patching ios80 will also allow you to load fakesigned channels from your sd card if you wish. You don't need to patch any other ios files, just ios80.

urherenow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then why was I Able to load VC stuff (isn't that fake signed when you don't get it from the store?), I was able to see the intro off of the disc in the disc channel (I have a modchip), but I would get an error when trying to actually run the game?

ohh... then again it WAS NSMB that I was testing on. Maybe it's that other protection they added to that game that isn't on the backup.

at any rate, I've reinstalled darkcorp and everything I play works so I'll leave it at that for now. First sign of trouble, however, and darkcorps it toast.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mauifrog said:
You need to patch ios80 if you want to load fakesigned discs from the disc channel. You can use MMM to do this and it is highly recommended that you do. If ios80 is not patched you would not be able to load recovery discs from the recovery menu should you ever need to. Patching ios80 will also allow you to load fakesigned channels from your sd card if you wish. You don't need to patch any other ios files, just ios80.

I keep my SM IOS (30
ph34r.gif
) patched for this + Wiiware, but can't you also do this by having Priiloader patch SM to use IOS 249? Certain versions have worked for me, at least. Dunno if 20 does, haven't tried it in a while.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
urherenow said:
Then why was I Able to load VC stuff (isn't that fake signed when you don't get it from the store?), I was able to see the intro off of the disc in the disc channel (I have a modchip), but I would get an error when trying to actually run the game?

ohh... then again it WAS NSMB that I was testing on. Maybe it's that other protection they added to that game that isn't on the backup.

at any rate, I've reinstalled darkcorp and everything I play works so I'll leave it at that for now. First sign of trouble, however, and darkcorps it toast.
For Virtual Console stuff, the fake-sign is located in the WAD, allowing it to install onto your Wii. It has no relation the IOS as far as I know.

For the disc, that's what DARKCORP was able to do, run a game directly from the disc channel. The error produced from New Super Mario Bros. was probably Error 002. Not sure if DARKCORP block that, but NeoGamma has an option for the Anti-002, allowing the game to run perfectly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head