Hacking Restoring titles from SD card

icecream

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

few days ago I couldn't get into EmuNAND anymore. It just didn't work, don't ask me why. So I backup'd the emunand folder from my SD card containing all the downloaded titles etc. Then I grabbed Gateway's launcher.dat, formatted EmuNAND, downloaded rxtools, installed it, updated EmuNAND etc. pp. Then I tried to overwrite the new EmuNAND folder on my SD card with the old one I got. Unfortunately it didn't work. Is there some way to fully recover the titles and save's in that folder to the new emunand?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

few days ago I couldn't get into EmuNAND anymore. It just didn't work, don't ask me why. So I backup'd the emunand folder from my SD card containing all the downloaded titles etc. Then I grabbed Gateway's launcher.dat, formatted EmuNAND, downloaded rxtools, installed it, updated EmuNAND etc. pp. Then I tried to overwrite the new EmuNAND folder on my SD card with the old one I got. Unfortunately it didn't work. Is there some way to fully recover the titles and save's in that folder to the new emunand?

Unfortunately I think you're screwed (Unless you made a backup of your emunand with EmunandTool). The previous Emunand folder was like it's signature, think of it like the emunand needing to sign each of the games / saves before being able to use them. Now that you gave the Emunand a new name, you'll be unable to use the old stuff. >_>

icecream

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately I think you're screwed (Unless you made a backup of your emunand with EmunandTool). The previous Emunand folder was like it's signature, think of it like the emunand needing to sign each of the games / saves before being able to use them. Now that you gave the Emunand a new name, you'll be unable to use the old stuff. >_>

Luckily I have a backup of the EmuNAND partition. I wanted to re-create the EmuNAND because it was somehow broken (as I already mentioned). Is there no way to fix it or start from scratch with the same signature?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luckily I have a backup of the EmuNAND partition. I wanted to re-create the EmuNAND because it was somehow broken (as I already mentioned). Is there no way to fix it or start from scratch with the same signature?

I'd suggest writing that backup back to the mSD with EmunandTool (As long as you made the backup before it was screwed, it'll be fine), confirming it boots, then dropping your backed up mSD back into place.

icecream

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd suggest writing that backup back to the mSD with EmunandTool (As long as you made the backup before it was screwed, it'll be fine), confirming it boots, then dropping your backed up mSD back into place.

It boots yes. My issue is that I installed a .cia with FBI to NAND and it just shows as black icon. It starts though. It's a homebrew application so I don't know how to find the title ID to remove it via FBI :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0