Restoring the Wii - Removing all hacks/homebrew Questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Litle_Bird, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Litle_Bird
    OP

Litle_Bird Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2017
    Sweden
    Greetings GBA-Temp!

I've been reading alot on this forum for quite a while now but I've not yet found a thread that answers all my questions.

Four years ago I hacked my wii for the first time, and I seem to have lost my virgin backup of the wii...
    I was thinking of trying to restore my wii to be in a "clean" firmware again, as in no homebrew or hacks left. I thought of perhaps downloading all of the IOS:es that are patched on my wii now and install with the new clean IOS:es from NUS-Servers. But due to me being unceartain about how much of a good idea is I would like to check with you guys. My Wii is old enough so I've got BootMII as Boot2 so from what I've understood it's almost impossible for me to f*ck up with reinstalling all the IOS:es.

Thanks in regards!

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    There's no reason to restore your Wii to a virgin state. Instead, if you want to clean up the unnecessary stuff you might have done while simultaneously updating IOS and cIOS files to their recommended versions, I recommend you run a sysCheck and then drag the sysCheck report into ModMii. ModMii will then download all of the recommended files you should install onto your Wii, and it will output specific instructions for you to follow.

x65943 likes this.
  3. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    If you just want clean official IOSes and you have BootMii as boot2 then just use DOP-Mii to install the latest system menu.

4. Litle_Bird
    OP

Litle_Bird Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2017
    Sweden
    Thank you for your replys.

I don't know why but I fell that it would be good to start of a clean system and redo the hacks so that I know what I Install and such.

So DOP-MII will remove all forms of modified IOS:es if i update the system from there? I ran a syscheck on my system and it seems like almost all of my IOS are patched with the Trucha bug. The thing is I followed Microwavesam's youtube guide which had a bunch of IOS wad files that he recomended to install so yeah I believe that's where all the patched IOS:es come frome, but from what I understand now you don't need to patch every IOS?

Syscheck report

5. MarioMasta64

MarioMasta64 hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    http://wehackwii.pbworks.com/w/page/8844411/IOS and RVL Downloads (this will tell you every ios needed and what its needed for)