Hacking Restoring the Trucha Bug

chevygirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On start up of Trucha Bug Restorer v1.1 it ask to "Select which IOS to load from: ________" it has IOS36 in there at start up do I leave that there or choise another one? Which one do I use? I am on 4.2U. In the guid on Modify any Wii 4.2 & below found @ http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 it does not stat which IOS to use.

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did u get the latest version of TBR ?

Posts merged

* Unplug ALL Gamecube memory cards

3. Run the Trucha bug Restorer with the Homebrew Channel. Press B (this will set No IOS Reload). Now wait a while (till the text changes) and press 1. Choose Downgrade IOS15. Now you have to choose Load from SD two times. It will do its thing and return to the HBC.

4. Run TBR again.Change the IOS to IOS15 and press A this time. Wait for the text to change and press 1. Go to the IOS36 menu. Change the last option to YES (so all 3 options show YES). Leave the first option to 36 and choose Install patched IOS36. Press A when it asks to load from SD. Once its done it will quit to the HBC again.

5. Run TBR once more. Press A and then 1 when the text changes. Choose Restore IOS15. Press A when it asks to load from SD and let the app finish.

6. Run Any Title Deleter MOD and choose IOS36 and press A. Navigate to System Titles and press A. Find IOS 222, 223, 249 and 250. Press A twice to uninstall them.

chevygirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Trucha Bug Restorer v1.1

The guid on here says to

Go to Downgrade IOS15.
Press A to downgrade.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD" press A.

But the guid on http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ha.../trucha-bug-4-2 says to

Choose Downgrade IOS15.
Now you have to choose Download IOS from NUS two times.

I have tryed but so far a few time with no luck everytime failed.

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does your wii is connect to internet?

If not you'll need ios from NUSD and pack to wad put in the root of your sd card

2.Run NUS Downloader. Check Pack -> wad at the bottom. It will say '-NUS-[v].wad'

We need to download some files now.
* NUS (IOS > IOS 15 > v257 &WAD)
* NUS (IOS > IOS 15 > v523 &WAD)
* NUS (IOS > IOS 36 > v3351 &WAD)
The final thing to download is the System menu IOS. As we will be using 4.2, the IOS we need is IOS70.
First Uncheck 'Pack -> Wad'. The box will become gray and empty.
* NUS (IOS > IOS70 > v6687)

Once you downloaded them all, go to the folder where you extracted the NUS downloader and you will see 4 new folders. Copy the wad in each folder to the SD card (NOT to the wad folder).

Open the new folder in the folder of the NUS downloader and copy everything in it. Go to your SD card and create a new folder called 00000001. In that folder, create another folder called 00000046. In this folder, create yet another folder called v6687. Paste the things you copied here.

chevygirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I do have the internet on the wii and I do have the wads-

IOS15-64-v257.wad
IOS15-64-v523.wad
IOS15-64-v3351.wad

They are on the root of the SD card.

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
when they ask u the first time :

Select which IOS to load from: ___15___" select 15

after that choose downgrade ios 15

Does this part work?

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could also use pimpmywii, it can downgrade ios 15 and patch other ios, it's very easy with that soft for patch ios with trucha and check that latest version of ios and channel like shop channel etc ...

chevygirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matguitarist said:
when they ask u the first time :

Select which IOS to load from: ___15___" select 15

after that choose downgrade ios 15

Does this part work?

Yup I can slecet the IOS and that works but after I try to downgrade IOS15 after it is finished I get

Error: Could not set the revision to 0
Downgrade failed

thanks for the help so far but I'm not getting anywhere with this and been stuck on this step for awhile now so I think I will go to bed and try again tomorrow. If anyone has any ideas how to get this to run or something different to try let me know and I'll let you know tomorrow if it worked. Thanks

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's great
smile.gif

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no offense on the OP but why do you open a new thread for each and every problem you have? why not ask all of your questions all together in one thread...just answered one of you threads and saw another, then another...

i think you had already solved your question on trucha bug restorer so that good but maybe next time avoid posting each of your problems in separate threads...
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night