Restoring old saves from previous xbox to slim...

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by xtreme1, Nov 26, 2011.

Nov 26, 2011
  1. xtreme1
    OP

Member xtreme1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    youd think itd be easy but its not turning out to be. So I had my friend backup all my saves on my previous 360 and they are in filetypes like data0000,data0001 etc. now how is it i can get my new 360 to read those or reformat them to the drive?

2. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Those are backed up from a USB flash drive. Put those data files in a 'Xbox360' folder and onto a USB flash drive, Xbox should be able to read them and copy/move to hard drive, internal memory, w/e

3. xtreme1
    OP

United States
    i ttried to configure the stick with my 360 to see where the files are placed and then I copieda few files over and it wont even show them on my pc.

4. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Use a program such as Modio, or Horizon to view/edit/add saves onto your USB Device.

1 person likes this.
  5. xtreme1
    OP

United States
    well shouldnt there be a way to do this with the 360? I also cannot open the data0000 files with modio

6. dilav

United States
    Once you configure a USB drive, it reserves space for xbox saves. Once configured there is a Xbox360 folder and all data files inside that folder. The folders and files are hidden, so you may not see them if you do not have that option enabled.

7. xtreme1
    OP

United States
    so is it possible to show the hidden files in windows? have you actually done this?

8. dilav

United States
    Windows Explorer
    (Windows Vista/7) Press F10 to tempory show menu bar
    Tools - Folder Options - View Tab
    Check "show hidden files, folders..." and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files"

X:/Xbox360 should have Data0000, Data0001, Data0002, etc..

Move all your data from USB to Xbox, then replace/overwrite all Data000 files with the backups.

9. xtreme1
    OP

United States
    Finally managed to find the data files but then ended up using modio to backup on my pc then reinject them onto my usb. Victory! I now have all my saves. THanks guys. Really appreciate it.