restoring my N3ds XL saves

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by srick7583, May 15, 2016.

1. srick7583
    OP

srick7583 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2015
    United States
    To make a long story short, I've sold my N3ds XL for the N3ds XL Hyrule edition. Upon dumping the nand from my special edition 3ds the Nand sizes are different but I've kept a backup from all my work done trying to install Arm9LoaderHax which I was able to successfully complete plus I've kept a backup of my entire SD card. Now is there any way to basically load up my previous nand from a different N3ds to a completely different system? Only shit is that the nand sizes are different and I don't wanna lose all my saves and time installing all my git CIA's and custom GBA and SNES CIA's as well. all help appricated thanks.

2. srick7583
    OP

srick7583 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2015
    United States
    is there a way to flash a nand from a different N3ds system? I have my backed up nand and I would like to restore all my saves and games installed to my SD card

3. pbanj

pbanj The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    in a ziploc
    DO NOT flash the nand from one system to another. You WILL kill the system. You should have backed the saves up before hand. Now that the other system is gone those saves are dead.

4. srick7583
    OP

srick7583 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2015
    United States
    shit.. should of asked on here before I sold it. I thought that just backing up the nand woulda been the best thing to do unfortunately it was not. thankss tho I've only tried restoring it thru emunand /rednand to prevent bricking a brand new 3ds that I've just got yesterday :nayps3: