Restoring my emuNAND to my sysNAND removed A9LH

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by link270, Mar 14, 2016.

1. link270
    OP

link270 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    I was looking into moving from emuNAND to updatedsysNAND a bit and decided to see if I could simply backup my 10.6 emuNAND then restore it into my 9.2 sysNAND. I already had A9LH set up and I was using AuiReiNand or my emuNAND, but was looking into switching to cakes. Since I had A9LH I assumed if something went wrong I could just restore my sysNAND and try again, and also with the new 10.6 downgrading options I felt safe.

Anyways, I restored my sysNAND from an emuNAND backup using Decrypt9 and now A9LH seems to be gone, I can't use and boot manager and can't boot with either AuiReiNAND or Cakes. Plus my sysNAND will boot up straight away, even with no SD card inserted. Luckily I have ootHax set up and can downgrade my sysNAND and get everything back working again, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any easier fixes for it? Or what I should do the second time around to make things work out a little better?

Thanks!

2. Suiginou

Suiginou (null)

Jun 26, 2012
    Gambia, The
    pc + 8
    Your emuNAND is obviously a full 10.6 or whatever. You restored the full NAND.

Pro tip: You're supposed to restore only the CTRNAND, not the full NAND. The latter contains the firm0/firm1 partitions as well, overwriting you a9lh.

3. Intronaut

Intronaut An star maker

Nov 18, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    You had to put your emuNAND.bin in your SD and change the name to NAND.bin. Then, you had to use the same arm9loaderhax.3dsx (an automatic feature) to inyect the file into your physical NAND.

TarkinMX and Gray_Jack like this.
  4. link270
    OP

link270 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    I had assumed something like that. My first plan was to use the arm9loaderhax.3dsx alongside a NAND.bin to restore it. I guess I got a little too comfortable with my situation so I just went for it to see what would happen. Thanks for the pro tip ;)

5. Intronaut

Intronaut An star maker

Nov 18, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Anyway, you had luck, because restoring an emuNAND to sysNAND without caution causes bricks

link270 likes this.