Restoring GBA saves from Slot 1 cart

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by SkH, Mar 24, 2008.

1. SkH
    OP

SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2006
    Algeria
    Hey I want to restore my save after backing up with Rudolph's Tool and modified it, to my original GBA Cartridge.

Is there an app?

2. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Rudolph's GBA Backup Tool should be able to do it - http://kotei.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2007-12-24

It might have issues with the Pokemon games as those saves are troublesome with many devices and tools, but otherwise you should be fine.

3. TheMcGoogler

TheMcGoogler Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2008
    I've tried it with pokemon fire red, and pokemon ruby, and it works fine.

4. hanman

hanman I'm a pretty lucky guy

Nov 27, 2005
    United States
    Galbadia Garden
    it wouldn't back up EEPROM type saves for me (Super Mario World).

5. DanTheManMS

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Did the save not appear at all? Or did it back up a save file with data that VBA simply couldn't read? If it's the latter (open it with a hex editor to verify that there is data there), then I have a possible solution if my hunch is correct.

EDIT: I'm going to bed so I'll just post my idea now. If it's dumping a save file with every 8 bits reversed when viewed in a hex editor, then you can run it through the Perl script at http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/FlashManager to create a VBA-readable save file. I'll admit that chances are slim of this being the problem, but it's worth a shot nonetheless.

6. hanman

hanman I'm a pretty lucky guy

Nov 27, 2005
    United States
    Galbadia Garden
    no, the option to back up the save is greyed out. the others i backed up weren't EEPROM type, and they worked fine on my 3in1 with GBAExploder. Rudolph is a genius!

7. DanTheManMS

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Hm, do you have a slot-2 device at all? You could use the cart_save program for the GBA to backup/restore the save if you can run it on your DS.