Apple Restoring Backup to Diff iPhone

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
K so I got a new white iphone 3gs (yay!), and I did a backup on my old black iphone 3gs and called it "Haddad's iPhone 3GS". And it was completed. So I unplugged my black one and put in my new white iphone 3gs and its name is "Haddad's White iPhone". And so I try to restore from backup and I don't see that option???? So I was thinking to my self, maybe I have to back it up at least once in order to restore from backup again....

So I backed it up, and a new backup was named "Haddad's White iPhone". So I again right click on the white iphone, and I see the "Restore from backup option" yay!!! So I click it, and......................all i see is "Haddad's White iPhone". I cant select anything else? I want to select "Haddad's iPhone 3GS" cuz thats the one that has all my contacts and sms messeges. So I put back my black iphone and geuss what!!! My black iPhone can restore from either "Haddad's iPhone 3GS" OR "Haddad's White iPhone". why cant my white iphone read other backups?

btw if it makes any diff, my white iphone is on firmware 4.1, my black one is on 4.3.2

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
I haven't fiddled around with iOS related things in a while, but from what I remember backups are unique to each iDevice bro.

EDIT: From reading again what you said down the bottom, you should probably update the white iPhone to the latest firmware or at least the firmware that the black iPhone seems to be on since that would make quite a difference if you can share backups (Features in the backup from 4.3.2 might not be recognized by 4.1 firmware).

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PettingZoo said:
I haven't fiddled around with iOS related things in a while, but from what I remember backups are unique to each iDevice bro.

EDIT: From reading again what you said down the bottom, you should probably update the white iPhone to the latest firmware or at least the firmware that the black iPhone seems to be on since that would make quite a difference if you can share backups (Features in the backup from 4.3.2 might not be recognized by 4.1 firmware).

if I update my new white iphone to 4.3.3 (newest) I will lose my FaceTime feature
tongue.gif
cuz the jailbroken feature FactimeFor3GS only works on 4.1/4.2

--EDIT--

I did another way, all I wanted is my contacts and my sms messege's so here is what I did. For the contacts I use Bump, and for the sms messeges's I found out the location of where it is stored and copied the sms.db file and overwrited it on my new phone, and I got it
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn