Hacking Restoring a system backup in a banned Xbox one console

zetadragon90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys. I have 2 Xbox One consoles, one if them works is perfectly fine but the second one is permanently banned from login in to Xbox live due to game sharing and I made the mistake of factory resetting it wich caused its user profiles to get deleted and now I can't save my progress in any game because it asks to pick a user profile when trying to create a save file and I can't connect to Xbox live to download any user profiles anymore due to the ban.

So my question is: if I use the steps described in the link below to create a system settings backup using a usb HDD from my non banned console and I restore that backup into my banned console, injecting my user profile into the banned console together with the system backup in the process. Will that fix the problem without Microsoft making my non banned console to become banned due to its "interaction" with the banned console?

Here is the Microsoft link describing how to perform a usb system backup and restore:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/settings-updates/back-up-your-settings

Last edited by zetadragon90,

zetadragon90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not going to un-ban a Xbox just by "swapping" the HDD.
I am not trying to unban the Xbox or swap it's HDD. Where did you got that? I just want to inject a player profile using the backup from my other Xbox one in order to be able to create save files using that profile

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question how can a one even be banned or rather what caused yours to be (the one has no public hax i mean plus they gave us dev mode which made hacking irrelevant

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I am not trying to unban the Xbox or swap it's HDD. Where did you got that? I just want to inject a player profile using the backup from my other Xbox one in order to be able to create save files using that profile
Essentially you are trying to swap an HDD.
Not going to work.

sith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you not just put your profile on a usb stick from the good xbox and then move it over to the banned one? you could on 360.

zetadragon90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question how can a one even be banned or rather what caused yours to be (the one has no public hax i mean plus they gave us dev mode which made hacking irrelevant
If you read the first post carefully you will notice that I got banned for game sharing abuse

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Essentially you are trying to swap an HDD.
Not going to work.

I am swapping nothing, system backups only transfer the settings and my current user profile but does not include many things like for example the games. Could you at least check the details of the process in the Microsoft link that I posted in the first post?

Reactions: MaikAmsterdam

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
If you read the first post carefully you will notice that I got banned for game sharing abuse

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am swapping nothing, system backups only transfer the settings and my current user profile but does not include many things like for example the games. Could you at least check the details of the process in the Microsoft link that I posted in the first post?

You should read my post carefully. I said "essentially" and it is correct.

1MOZENRAD1

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Good day, Topickstarter 🖐️ I check it. This doesn't work. Because, when You reset your console and instal drive with work profile, console ask You: "This is your profile? Enter password, please". That's all. Console doesn't connect to Xbox live.

naed06

Trophies
XP
Country
Should be easy to check

Is the account that was originally on the banned Xbox also banned - this could just be a console ban and nothing to do with the account

If the account was banned I’d proceed with caution (cause don’t want your working account getting banned), I’d then probably do the following

1. Backup non-banned console account
2. Create new account on non-banned console
3. Backup new account
4. Restore old account on non-banned console
5. Restore new account on banned console

This way the account your restoring in theory isn’t linked with the non-banned console and should be safe

Edit: just re-read the post above and you might not be able to restore account due to not being able to connect to Xbox live services

Edit 2: also just noticed the original post was back in June 2021 lol, but would be interesting to know if this works or if a workaround is available

Raku3702

Trophies
Website
www.kamowin.com
XP
Country
Spain
Hello guys. I have 2 Xbox One consoles, one if them works is perfectly fine but the second one is permanently banned from login in to Xbox live due to game sharing and I made the mistake of factory resetting it wich caused its user profiles to get deleted and now I can't save my progress in any game because it asks to pick a user profile when trying to create a save file and I can't connect to Xbox live to download any user profiles anymore due to the ban.

So my question is: if I use the steps described in the link below to create a system settings backup using a usb HDD from my non banned console and I restore that backup into my banned console, injecting my user profile into the banned console together with the system backup in the process. Will that fix the problem without Microsoft making my non banned console to become banned due to its "interaction" with the banned console?

Here is the Microsoft link describing how to perform a usb system backup and restore:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/settings-updates/back-up-your-settings
The console isn't banned. Your account is banned from that console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 🦌🐑 🦛🐦 (🐑🐑) +1