Question Restored 6.1 NAND on 6.2 system, Switch wont go into RCM now.

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Flocka, Dec 14, 2018.

1. mikefor20

mikefor20 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2009
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    I used ChoiDuJourNX to update from 6.1 to 6.2 today. Is that bad? It boots fine. Am I going to hit a problem?

2. Flocka
    OP

Flocka Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2018
    United States
    I'd just make a NAND backup. Just in case. I'm not sure what messed mine up.

3. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    Yeah I hope the second restore will fix the issue.

4. mikefor20

Jan 12, 2009
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    I did it like ten hours ago. What issues does it have. I have been playing the switch for at least 3 hours after I updated it. No noticeable issues. Wlll there be a problem? ill restore an old backup now. I don't want problems in the future.

5. Flocka
    OP

Flocka Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2018
    United States
    I think you'll be fine. I was using SX OS, put the unit to sleep, it wouldn't wake up. (mismatched fuses).

From there, it wouldn't boot past the nintendo logo anymore. Not sure what happened.

6. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    Dont rush to do that. I am on 6.2 (1 week now) and it's fine so far.

7. mikefor20

Jan 12, 2009
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    I had strange issues trying to update before. When I went from 3.0.1 to 6.1. I kept getting stuck at the switch logo. I booted in to maintenance mode and picked initialize without deleteing saves and user profile. Then all of a sudden updating worked. ..

8. Flocka
    OP

Flocka Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2018
    United States
    I can't even get to maintenance mode...even with AutoRCM off.

9. Flocka
    OP

Flocka Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2018
    United States
    Okay, update. I restored NAND, Boot0, Boot1 and the GPP partitions for the hell of it.

Trying to boot Kosmos gives me the same black screen. :(

10. Flocka
    OP

Flocka Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2018
    United States
    I have since tried using Choi to build 6.0.1 and 6.1, both give same issues. Verified BOOT0/B00T1 are both valid. All same issue.

I cant even get into the Nintendo Maintenance mode. Also, if I just try to power the switch on without RCM/hekateit is just a black screen (with AutoRCM OFF)

11. crossholo

crossholo Member

Newcomer
    GBAtemp Patron
    crossholo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 26, 2017
    Italy
    I'm pretty sure it does. Just updated yesterday to 6.2 yesterday

12. Flocka
    OP

Flocka Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2018
    United States
    ChoiDujour, not ChoiDujourNX. NX is for updating via switch which works. the PC version doesnt support 6.2 yet.

13. smf

smf GBAtemp Addict

Feb 23, 2009
    It shouldn't matter what version you use, choidurjour will rebuild the OS. You can use RCM to skip fuse check.

14. Flocka
    OP

Flocka Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2018
    United States
    Right, that’s what Raj was saying. Just wishful thinking I guess.

Something isn’t right. I get no errors building with Choi, yet it’s always the same result. Without a payload, I don’t even get the Nintendo logo. With a payload, I do. AutoRCM is off. Could this be deeper than the OS?

15. smf

smf GBAtemp Addict

Feb 23, 2009
    If it was working fine on 6.2 and then stopped working then I'd say almost certainly it's a hardware issue.

16. Flocka
    OP

Flocka Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2018
    United States
    I’m beginning to believe so. This console has a history of orange screen issues. It was a cheap pickup. Just want to use it to tinker lol. But would be awesome to learn some new things about the console.

I have now fully drained the battery and it is on the dock powered off and charging.

I booted to hekate, put on dock and powered off. Going to let it charge for 5 hours

17. PrEtZaL

PrEtZaL Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2018
    United Kingdom
    If I were you I'd rebuild my boot0 and boot 1 files using choidujour to match the installed firmware and boot using custom kip

18. Flocka
    OP

Flocka Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2018
    United States
    I’ve tried this a few times even with help from Raj :(

You mean just using the boot0 and boot1 Giles generated by choidujour and flashing them with Etcher?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Good-ish news.

I let the abttery die, Booted to hekate, put on dock and shutdown fully. AutoRCM off. 1-2 hours later, still at 0.0%. However, when I try to boot now I still get Nintendo logo then black screen.

BUTTTT it now shows the battery icon, which it was NOT doing before. So, this is good news to me. Letting it charge for a bit.

19. Flocka
    OP

Flocka Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2018
    United States
    Update on things: Still no luck. Got a new SD card and restored NAND = not getting past nintendo logo.

Used choi for 6.1, still no luck.

20. PrEtZaL

PrEtZaL Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Did you use etcher to rebuild the boot files and run custom kip. If so you're either doing it wrong or it's your prodinfo or boot0 that's messed up which is bad......possibilty though that you formatted a partition with wrong biskeys or wrong FS so switch can't read it.....