Tutorial  Updated

Restore VitaShell on Henkaku 3.65!

I found a super simple way to restore VitaShell!

1) Install QCMA - https://codestation.github.io/qcma/

2) Install PSVIMGTOOLS-FRONTEND - https://bitbucket.org/SilicaAndPina/psvimgtools-frontend/downloads/

3) Plug in your PSVita via USB to your computer. Run QCMA, then open PSVIMGTOOLS-FRONTEND. (Your account and AID should be auto detected.)

4) On PSVIMGTOOLS-FRONTEND's popup menu, press "Easy Installers" > "VitaShell" > "Install" (button). The program should put Vitashell in to your default CMA "APPS" folder on your computer.

5) Open Content Manager on your PSVita. Press "Copy Content" > "PC -> PS Vita System" > "Applications" > "PS Vita" > "VitaShell" (checkbox) > Copy.

DONE! Now you have VitaShell back on your device!

Last edited by Erfg1,

natanqb

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I finally got mine fixed. CMA is completely optional in the process. I only used QCMA + PSVIMGTOOLS for the process. VitaShell is restored now.
How do you do it using only QCMA? I am having the problem of not finding vitashell using CMA.

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
How do you do it using only QCMA? I am having the problem of not finding vitashell using CMA.
Ditch CMA. You can do the process even with just QCMA alone. At least, based on experience. The author of PSVIMGTOOLS also dissuade using CMA and QCMA simultaneously due to possible driver issues.

Make sure first that your Vita is able to connect to PC via QCMA. One way of doing so is to ensure that your Vita is set at "flight mode." Once it connects, you can now proceed with the steps involving PSVIMGTOOLS.

Another tip, which I just learned recently, is to ensure that QCMA's destination folder for the application is empty. Meaning, wipe it clean by deleting all existing folders in it especially if you are not a first-time user of QCMA before having PSVIMGTOOLS generate the files of VitaShell 1.82 for you. This will ensure that QCMA is looking at only one and one folder only--your device's so-called AID--to which the backup VitaShell will be sourced from.

Last edited by Dothackjhe,

Jerriel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Okay i am so lost i need to use this to put back vita shell ,mocullashell etc i am on enso 3.65 MY VITA HAS NEVER BEEN ON PSN , when i try to use QMCA the VITA wants me to sign up to PSN , do i have to ?? that is far as i get , what do i do i am so lost

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
Okay i am so lost i need to use this to put back vita shell ,mocullashell etc i am on enso 3.65 MY VITA HAS NEVER BEEN ON PSN , when i try to use QMCA the VITA wants me to sign up to PSN , do i have to ?? that is far as i get , what do i do i am so lost
I've had similar issue with mine before. What I did was restore the system and have my PSN account be logged during initialization of the device's setting. I had managed to log my PSN account just fine doing that.

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've had similar issue with mine before. What I did was restore the system and have my PSN account be logged during initialization of the device's setting. I had managed to log my PSN account just fine doing that.
SO you MUST have a PSN account to do this ? if so what is the point of QMCA , which i throught was if you did not want to use your psn or did not have one

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
SO you MUST have a PSN account to do this ? if so what is the point of QMCA , which i throught was if you did not want to use your psn or did not have one
Yes, a legit PSN account is mandatory, even with QCMA. However, the account does not always have to be your main. You can make dummies as you want.

Reactions: fixingmytoys

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You're already good to go for it, then.
from what u have read i can get back VITA shell but not mocullashell, but as i have backuos of my VITA real 8gb card and my 32gb sd2vita card which i was updating to 64gb when it went all shitty on me, if i say get my s2vita card up and running and mocullashell is on that it will be there ?

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
from what u have read i can get back VITA shell but not mocullashell, but as i have backuos of my VITA real 8gb card and my 32gb sd2vita card which i was updating to 64gb when it went all shitty on me, if i say get my s2vita card up and running and mocullashell is on that it will be there ?
Molecularshell is completely optional now on 3.65 Enso. All you will need is VitaShell. My device, for instance, no longer has Molecularshell since it can depend on VitaShell just fine. The latest VitaShell update also gives it its capability to update itself OTA.

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Molecularshell is completely optional now on 3.65 Enso. All you will need is VitaShell. My device, for instance, no longer has Molecularshell since it can depend on VitaShell just fine. The latest VitaShell update also gives it its capability to update itself OTA.
cool got it now,

i am so sorry for this next question , i am in , tell it to installl vita shell, now do i use cma to send it to the vita ??

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
cool got it now,

i am so sorry for this next question , i am in , tell it to installl vita shell, now do i use cma to send it to the vita ??
The developer of PSVIMGTOOLS suggests using QCMA instead of CMA since the former is more optimized with it. I, myself, had better luck with QCMA than CMA with the process.

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The developer of PSVIMGTOOLS suggests using QCMA instead of CMA since the former is more optimized with it. I, myself, had better luck with QCMA than CMA with the process.
qcma would not work for me , so i tried cma that did not work both times i was using usb cable i got it working with cma over wifi ,
and i also found out what happened to my vita for some strange reason , the config txt in TAI got reset all the plugin lines were deleted, i made a back up of the TAI folder congig txt and puggins and all , so i am copying it back, so hopfully everything will be back

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
qcma would not work for me , so i tried cma that did not work both times i was using usb cable i got it working with cma over wifi ,
and i also found out what happened to my vita for some strange reason , the config txt in TAI got reset all the plugin lines were deleted, i made a back up of the TAI folder congig txt and puggins and all , so i am copying it back, so hopfully everything will be back
Yes, the tai config in my device got overwritten as well after going through the restoration of the device to its original setting (firmware not affected).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 🦌🐑 🦛🐦 (🐑🐑) +1