OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I just updated to the NXE GUI (again).
Turns out it has whiped my GTA IV save.
frown.gif

Is there anyway I can restore the save for GTA IV?

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Actually I figured out the problem (and don't want to create another topic) - but I before I had LIVE, I played as a regular profile instead of a LIVE profile, of course. The save files are on my regular profile, not my LIVE profile. Can I transfer my save to my LIVE profile, which has my current state and achievements?

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nope, you can't transfer saves between profiles. What you could of done was make the regular one into a LIVE enabled one, but now it's too late. Hope you weren't that far in GTA.
frown.gif

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
Nope, you can't transfer saves between profiles. What you could of done was make the regular one into a LIVE enabled one, but now it's too late. Hope you weren't that far in GTA.
frown.gif
Ah man, I was so far
frown.gif

So I have no options here?

Mr. Waffle

A Free Waffle
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You actually can transfer savegames between profiles, you only can't get anymore achievements on it, and you don't get the achievements (gamerscore) you allready had.

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Mr. Waffle said:
You actually can transfer savegames between profiles, you only can't get anymore achievements on it, and you don't get the achievements you allready had.
Bah screw that. I don't know why Microsoft doesn't allow it - but I guess I'll just play through half the game lol

Thanks for your help guys.
smile.gif

Mr. Waffle

A Free Waffle
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
JPH said:
I don't know why Microsoft doesn't allow it
Microsoft doesn't allow it to let someone else play the whole game till 99% and then send the savegame to a friend or anybody and let him/her get the 100% achievement.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JPH said:
Mr. Waffle said:
You actually can transfer savegames between profiles, you only can't get anymore achievements on it, and you don't get the achievements you allready had.
Bah screw that. I don't know why Microsoft doesn't allow it - but I guess I'll just play through half the game lol

smile.gif
id like to add something. You can start getting achievements again if you use start another save. Thats what I did with Mass Effect. I started my save on a reg. account but started a live account. I transferred my save to my live account. I thought I couldn't get achievements anymore but once I started a new campaign I started getting achievements. Try it out.

Mr. Waffle

A Free Waffle
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dinofan01 said:
JPH said:
Mr. Waffle said:

smile.gif
id like to add something. You can start getting achievements again if you use start another save. Thats what I did with Mass Effect. I started my save on a reg. account but started a live account. I transferred my save to my live account. I thought I couldn't get achievements anymore but once I started a new campaign I started getting achievements. Try it out.
You mean you started a new campaign, and then got achievements on the old save again?

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mr. Waffle said:
JPH said:
I don't know why Microsoft doesn't allow it
Microsoft doesn't allow it to let someone else play the whole game till 99% and then send the savegame to a friend or anybody and let him/her get the 100% achievement.

Lol, thats what Microsoft calls cheating. Its funny how they put more effort into stop people from getting easy achievements than they do into keeping peoplfe from pirating the games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: