ROM Hack Restore save file?

LazyWolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the pokemon black rom to "test" it out before I bought it. I just got the retail game today and wanted to copy my save file from the rom to the retail ds game. Is this possible? I have a cyclo ds evolution flash card and a ds lite, but don't know what to do? I tried a few ways, but keep getting errors? I tried the NDS backup tool wifi and savesender.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it is possible, provided you have an Action Replay DSi or a NDS Backup Adaptor plus.

This will be the only way you can write the save file to the retail cartridge, plus, it involves soldering of a connection to the card itself.

in other words, you are shit out of luck if you're looking for an easy solution. It's possible, i did it earlier today, but i had to solder stuff to my retail cards PCB.

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mocalacace said:
Or use this-http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?12405-A-tool-to-backup-HG-SS-saves
This!
Its just sad how many users just don´t know of this tool and allways present it as a fact that you still need an expensive device or risk of destroying your cart to achieve this :-(

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SirCB85 said:
mocalacace said:
Or use this-http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?12405-A-tool-to-backup-HG-SS-saves
This!
Its just sad how many users just don´t know of this tool and allways present it as a fact that you still need an expensive device or risk of destroying your cart to achieve this :-(

then please, tell me how i use that tool with a DSi console, no flashcard and only a Retail Card? You don't.
For those that don't own a DS / DS Lite there is still no way to do this, without having to buy extra tools / doing some soldering.

The only way to use this tool on a DSi is to supply your pokemon card with External power after the swap, otherwise it just recognizes FLASH 0KB and nothing. You wire auxiliary power to the card, and it gets recognized after the swap.

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, so under circumstances you still can´t backup/restore a save with homebrew, but thats still far from what you said in your initial answer where you stated that there isn´t any other way than soldering or buying this damned device with a prizetag on it screaming ripoff ;-)

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rave420 said:
then please, tell me how i use that tool with a DSi console, no flashcard and only a Retail Card? You don't.
For those that don't own a DS / DS Lite there is still no way to do this, without having to buy extra tools / doing some soldering.

The only way to use this tool on a DSi is to supply your pokemon card with External power after the swap, otherwise it just recognizes FLASH 0KB and nothing. You wire auxiliary power to the card, and it gets recognized after the swap.

He says he has a Cyclo DS so he can. And anyways none of the save backup tools work with the DSi

D

Deleted-236924

rave420 said:

1- He stated himself he had downloaded the rom to play it on his CycloDS until he bought the actual game.
2- If you don't own a DS/Lite, how do you plan on using the CycloDS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1