Hacking Restore NAND Over USB?

KHSebastian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My MicroSD slot has stopped working. I want to send my Switch in for repairs, but I have AutoRCM on and I upgraded to 6.0 from 3.0 with ChoiDujourNX, and I don't want to send in the Switch without restoring my clean NAND backup. The problem being, I don't have a MicroSD card slot with which to restore my backup. Is there any way to push a backup through USB from my PC?

Bonus Round: Does anybody have a guess as to how much I can expect to pay for repairs? If it's more than like $30, I might just buy a replacement SD board and try a self repair.

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
My MicroSD slot has stopped working. I want to send my Switch in for repairs, but I have AutoRCM on and I upgraded to 6.0 from 3.0 with ChoiDujourNX, and I don't want to send in the Switch without restoring my clean NAND backup. The problem being, I don't have a MicroSD card slot with which to restore my backup. Is there any way to push a backup through USB from my PC?

Bonus Round: Does anybody have a guess as to how much I can expect to pay for repairs? If it's more than like $30, I might just buy a replacement SD board and try a self repair.
No, to my knowledge there is no way to send it via USB

Also the price depends. Are you under warranty?

KHSebastian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, to my knowledge there is no way to send it via USB

Also the price depends. Are you under warranty?

I don't think I'm under warranty anymore. I got the Switch on eBay, so I don't know the original sale date. And I did open the Switch up to try to reseat the MicroSD card board (to no avail), and I stripped a screw like an idiot, so they'll be able to figure out I opened it anyway.

But if there is no way to clean my NAND anyway, I might have to pick up a board online and replace it myself.

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I'm under warranty anymore. I got the Switch on eBay, so I don't know the original sale date. And I did open the Switch up to try to reseat the MicroSD card board (to no avail), and I stripped a screw like an idiot, so they'll be able to figure out I opened it anyway.

But if there is no way to clean my NAND anyway, I might have to pick up a board online and replace it myself.
I also stripped a screw before sending it, they repaired it just fine

You should be able to call Nintendo support, they will ask for your serial number, so have that ready

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just buy a new sd card socket off ebay and replace it. It would literally take 5 minutes and the skill set of a 5 year old. Remove the back cover and the sd slot board is right there.it snaps in and out.

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I believe that nontendo update your device so in all case you will get your switch back updated with fuse burnt
What I want to say is that if it is true, just update yourself to 6.0.1 (it will burn fuse and remove autoRCM)

noahc3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just buy a new sd card socket off ebay and replace it. It would literally take 5 minutes and the skill set of a 5 year old. Remove the back cover and the sd slot board is right there.it snaps in and out.

This is the answer. They cost basically nothing and are dead simple to replace. You don't even have to take off the foil plate, just need a triwing and a phillips.

Reactions: 210modz

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I did open the Switch up to try to reseat the MicroSD card board (to no avail), and I stripped a screw like an idiot, so they'll be able to figure out I opened it anyway.

Then do what the other people above me are saying and just buy a new card reader part. It's a solderless job to replace it (just unplug the old one and plug in the new one), and it should cost less than $10

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...acement-Handle-controller-SD/32859095029.html

Here's one on Aliexpress (although it'll take longer to ship if you order from there).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte